Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Firefox 1.5 Beta 1
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:43 am   Post subject: Firefox 1.5 Beta 1

It's now available at mozilla.org.

Nifty stuff.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thats kool, I would try it out, but I use Opera now. but I could install it for the others on this computer, since I havent updated firefox in a while.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmm, pretty good, but I don't trust 'beta 1' - at least not when it comes to something I use every day. Might try it though.
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think they made the loading of web pages sorta like opera (not sure though) but it "SEEMS" (can't really tell) that it loads pretty fast now- so cool.

Almost non of my extensions work yet so yeah...
Its pretty cool the changes... they changed the Options menu added a new option to "Clear Private Data" (used sometimes, but not all the time).

They I'm proved the extensions/theme parts- when you click update it checks for updates (in the same window) for all of the extensions and you just click "Update Now" (or something like that) and it updates it Razz

They also added a "report broken site" button... (or did I add that option? o.O) ehhe cool...Can't wait till the full release is out.

edit
Oh lol release notes...........
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.5beta1.html

Security problem still exists
http://www.security-protocols.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2910
Naveg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
I think they made the loading of web pages sorta like opera (not sure though) but it "SEEMS" (can't really tell) that it loads pretty fast now- so cool.

It does load a lot faster. One of the key improvements of Firefox 1.5 is that Gecko 1.8 has made major speed improvements. Its not quite as fast as khtml (used in Safari and Konqueror) yet, but its getting there. Similarly, khtml is catching up to Gecko compatibility-wise.
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Vladimir wrote:
Similarly, khtml is catching up to Gecko compatibility-wise.
ehm... what do you mean...ktml passes the acid2 test.. gecko dosen't...
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how do u config things so that instead of new broswer windows, all the new windows are opened in tabs??
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rizzix wrote:
Vladimir wrote:
Similarly, khtml is catching up to Gecko compatibility-wise.
ehm... what do you mean...ktml passes the acid2 test.. gecko dosen't...

Well, ACID2 isn't necessarily a test of compatibility. It's a test of how well a browser handles corner cases.

That said, KHTML does rock for CSS compliance.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

bugzpodder wrote:
how do u config things so that instead of new broswer windows, all the new windows are opened in tabs??

if u can't find the option in the preferences... then type in about:config in the url bar.. and search it up..
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: