Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 First day of School... woo
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:14 pm   Post subject: First day of School... woo

Ahh, First day of School first day of Computer Science... and guess what?
They changed the course to include LESS programming o.O
Also there isn't any Java Crying or Very sad We are gonna learn.... Microsoft office sutf... flash... and for programming... Visual basics (i believe) and..... Turing Evil or Very Mad

Anyhow... The rest of the school day was ... as expected... pretty umm iunno.... yeah good I guess...

Btw, I'll be bugging A LOT of people for help in turing Twisted Evil
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I had a good september 6th, im not calling it first day of school as I'm not going to school this year. Sleeping in and spending 1+ hours trying installing ubuntu that eventually didn't work....It's been a productive day
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Evasive Maneuvers will corrupt a new generation. Good stuff.
lyam_kaskade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

My school doesn't start until the 12th. But Orientation was...interesting.

We are, we are
We are the engineers
We can, we can
We can fix anything with gears (demolish forty beers)
We work hard, we play hard (drink rum, drink rum)
So come along with us
For we don't give a damn
for any damn man who don't give a damn for us.

Eh
person

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

9 credits and 1 spare...this day was only registrations so its not really the first dfay of skool but i cant believe they dont have compeng Evil or Very Mad
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Very good, lyam_kaskade. Smile

Amailer: That's rough! It wouldn't be so bad if you just did Turing, but Microsoft Office and VB and to a lesser extent Flash really would piss me off! What grade of compsci is this? (I've never really figured out how old you are...)

I've got 12 AP Physics, 12 University Biology, 12 AP Calculus, and a spare. Next semester is 12 U English, 12 U Chemistry, 12 CompSci, and 12 U Geometry and Discrete Math. I'm quite certain we are doing Java in CompSci.

Timmytheturtle: Don't give up on Ubuntu! If you want, make a thread and we'll try to help. Smile

Timmytheturtle's discussion on this topic has been moved to a new thread in Off Topic.
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I got elbowed in the face by an old man. It was great, I got blood on everybody but myself! Very Happy

School starts on Thurs-- OH CRAP! I don't know how to get to Teh Newbian!!1
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've still yet to find the closest DDR machine in Toronto. You'd think with that much azns and bubbletea and whatnot, at least I can play my DDR.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Umm, I'm in grd 10 XD
And yeah but what sucks is that before (like 2 years ago) there was more programming then M$ Office and etc.. and now they changed since people were finding it "hard" o.O -.-

Anyhow...........
In grd 11 we learn Java I believe XD
I'm thinking of dropping CompSci for grd 10 (i need to take music, I can't get it back if i don't take it AHHHH...) and take it in grd 11 XD Seems this year is a waste anyhow.

I remember in the Scarborough Mall there used to be an Arcade with DDR XD and initial D o.O
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh, well then Amailer, that's not so bad. Doing that in grade 11 or 12 would be deadly.

Perhaps you could talk to guidance about skipping grade 10 compsci altogether and going straight into grade 11 compsci? That is, if you can commit to learning Turing and maybe some Java before you take the grade 11 course.
On the other hand, at my school, the grade 11 course begins at the very beginning, as it makes no assumptions that the students have any previous programming experience. Grade 10 compsci is not a prerequisite for grade 11 compsci, oddly enough.
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
Oh, well then Amailer, that's not so bad. Doing that in grade 11 or 12 would be deadly.

Perhaps you could talk to guidance about skipping grade 10 compsci altogether and going straight into grade 11 compsci? That is, if you can commit to learning Turing and maybe some Java before you take the grade 11 course.
On the other hand, at my school, the grade 11 course begins at the very beginning, as it makes no assumptions that the students have any previous programming experience. Grade 10 compsci is not a prerequisite for grade 11 compsci, oddly enough.
Yeah, same here. I'd say about 85% of the students who took grade 11 comp sci at my school had not taken grade 10 comp sci -- since its not really comp sci at all, like you said Sad I'm not sure about your school, but ours started the grade 11's with Turing at the absolute basic level, and nobody had any trouble keeping up. Going straight to grade 11 is definitely an option, you should look into it.

The only disadvantage is when you get to grade 12 and you have no other comp sci's left to take Sad This year's gonna suck for me Crying or Very sad
Delos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ah, back at Mac and in a single this year! Awsome to the max. It's fun to see all the first years run around, I actually feel a little old despite only being one year their senior. Suddenly I'm able to impart knowledge upon these neophytes. Scary, yes, very.

Now, I just need to get one of those thin LCD monitors and I'll be set!
MihaiG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

got

Civics/Carrers
English(gifted)
Science(gifted)
History(gifted)

next sem...

Compsci(gr.11)
Math(gifted)
Music Instr (gr.11)
Biology'(g.r11)

welcome to my hell
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
Grade 10 compsci is not a prerequisite for grade 11 compsci, oddly enough.

Yes, this is always the case.

Yeah, in my school they don't even have compsci 10 - it's only computer engineering (with a bit of turing). Too bad I don't have any of that this semester though Sad.
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

El Comandante wrote:
Civics/Carrers
English(gifted)

I'm not one to nitpick on spelling mistakes, but this one just caught me as hilarious. Well, maybe just a bit anyways.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 27 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: