Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Azureus Help: hostexception
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:12 pm   Post subject: Azureus Help: hostexception

Hey,
I'v been having some problems with azureus lately...
Non of the torrents download anymore, they all get this error:
code:
Connection Error: (UNKNOWNHOSTEXCEPTION:[hostname])

This happens for every torrent off different hosts Confused also when I try and do the NAT / Firewall Test I get this message:
code:
Testing port [port] ... Unable to test (invalid port given, or test service failed)

I have tired different port numbers, made sure they were forwarded and yet it doesnt work (firewall is off also).

Any ideas why on earth this is happening??

Edit:
I was going to install some plug-ins for azureus and this error came up
code:
azureus.sourceforge.net, Exception while initializing download of 'http://azureus.sourceforge.net/update/pluginlist3.php?type=&version=2.3.0.4': Unknown Host 'azureus.sourceforge.net', Plug-in list load failed, Failed to load standard plug-in details

o.O whats going on ahhh!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i believe there is a tool which you can DL at azureus.sourceforge.net which analyzes your azureus install...
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmmm the only downloads I see there are the Latest version of Java and the latest version of Azureus (on the azureus site), no tool of any sort.

Would it have anything to do with my IE not working?
I posted a topic on the azureus forums and they said that might be the problem... and that Id have to fix it to see- but the problem is I can't fix it because I don't know how!

IE is not displayed on Add/remove, its not even in its folder (and i can't delete that connection wizard thing) and everytime I try and re-install the old IE6 it says that it detected a newer version of IE and cannot proceed with the installation... and I can't even re-install IS7 because it asks me to uninstall the current one XD ahhhhhh
rdrake

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

For the IE problem, go to Add/Remove Programs, check the box at the top that says "Show Updates" and it should be one of the last entries as Internet Explorer. Remove that entry and restart, then it should be back to IE 6.
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Nope, didn't work there is no IE at all....
only some HOT FIXES security updates and etc Confused
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: