Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 a mario style game called Little Dude
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Is this game any good
(No ending time set)
Yes
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
no
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

Shyfire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:21 pm   Post subject: a mario style game called Little Dude

Ok
Well you need a pentium 233 to run it but what else can you expect from turing Rolling Eyes
Any ways
here is my game
it features:

Turing graphics
Custome gui
A Save Feature
Cheats

Any who here it is please feel free to let me know of any glitches, problems, ect.

little dude.zip
 Description:
you need to run it in 1024 * 768 res

Download
 Filename:  little dude.zip
 Filesize:  386.72 KB
 Downloaded:  473 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I need more fuel! On this note, you forgot to reset the fuel for starting a new game. (Start a new game, use your fuel, lose all your lives, start another new game and your fuel begins at 0.)
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, looks pretty good... You could use some collision detection work, sometimes the 'little dude' gets stuck in the floor or else bounces off invisible walls.

One major thing is, is it possible to pass the first level? You could use some extra explanations (maybe a 'instructions' under load game), for example explaining all the obstacles and how to use fuel. I'm pretty sure you need to use that to get anywhere even on the first level.

An interesting thing that you did is change the icons. How did you do that? I have tried various things, including ResHack and things like that but none work successfully.

*edit* alright, I found out how to use fuel, and I found out that you have sounds Surprised. More fuel could be useful...
GlobeTrotter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't think I realized how to use fuel, but I managed to get to the third level. I couldn't get past that sun thing.
Shyfire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok first off thx for all your input Very Happy

second to change the icon i used resource explorer cuz it has a built in icon editor Very Happy Exclamation Exclamation
also
yes i know my collision detection is not the best ill work on that Laughing
but with the jetfuel thing i forgot to change it Embarassed
fatboi=dumbass lol
and lastly to get to places higher then you can jump press CTRL i think thats the matrix mode Question Question or is it Alt hmmm.......
Anywho i will try to fix those things for the next update 8)
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I realized later that you do have a manual that explains some stuff. Alt is for the rocket pack. At first, when I was trying things out and I pressed ctrl, I thought that 'matrix mode' was a bug hehe.

I don't see how its possible to get to the 3rd level without using fuel. Maybe this 'matrix' mode has more to it...

Quote:
Little Dude requires DirectX 5.0 or later to run.

How do you know this? Do Turing graphics use DirectX? Interesting.

Quote:
P.S.
the author is not responsible for anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just thought that funny Smile.

Those cheat 'hints' are pretty obvious... At least, most of them...
Shyfire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
Maybe this 'matrix' mode has more to it..

maybe!!!!!!!????? 8)

all the levels are beatable

I have beat the game with no cheats Very Happy
Albrecd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:38 am   Post subject: .t file

I would much appreciate it if you could post the .t file? If not that's fine, I won't steal anything without giving credit. Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jamonathin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:49 am   Post subject: Re: .t file

Albrecd wrote:
I would much appreciate it if you could post the .t file? If not that's fine, I won't steal anything without giving credit. Smile

Well maybe you wont "steal anything" but someone else might, which is why he chose to put it in .exe format. For things liek his, you should send that person a PM.
Shyfire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

THANK YOU jamonathin you took the words right out of my mouth Exclamation Exclamation ,and im sorry but no i cant release the source code because im using it in little dude 2
But if theres some specific you want to know Question then pm me the question and ill answer it to the best of my abilities Exclamation Exclamation

jamonathin + bits
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: