Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Hobbies
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MihaiG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:19 pm   Post subject: Hobbies

whats are some of ur hobbies besides Compsci!

for example...my hobbies are...music,geology,downhill biking,chess,HALO(pc),Reversi,(my most embarassing one(stamp coillection passed down form my grandfather)),ichthyology, and herpetology(study of reptiles);

feel free to share...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, there's the hobbies section of the profile, but I guess this thread will get some deeper discussion.

Soccer, badminton, cycling, running, non-fiction reading, canoeing (though I rarely go), and of course, video games. I'm currently hooked on the Defense of the Ancients map for warcraft III. Man, there's a habit I've got to break.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Dance Dance Revolution, breakdancing, cooking, reading manga, watching the occasional anime, playing bball, microing my starcraft units, NOT working on my yard and building the deck out back, boo.
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Go and anime! Laughing

Man, I'm such a nerd =/
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't have many hobbies. but the hobbies I do have are anime & video games.
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Basketball, hanging out with friends...
thats about it.
I get bored of everything else in a month at most.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hikaru79 wrote:
Go and anime! Laughing

Man, I'm such a nerd =/

Meh, at least Go is harder then chess. Tho watching anime about go is just........wrong some how. Yet not the wiredest polt for an anime i have seen. There is the one about making bread and cosplay complex........
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
There is the one about making bread

I'm looking at you, AsianSensation. Confused
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
Meh, at least Go is harder then chess.

I don't know, they both have so many possibilities, it's hard to say. Played at a pretty serious level Chess can get pretty hard, and Go can have such a big board that it doesn't really make a comparison.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
Hacker Dan wrote:

Hey shut up, Razz, leave my Yakitate Japan alone, that anime/manga is, as japanese fangirls would say: Sugoi!
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

AsianSensation wrote:
Coutsos wrote:
Hacker Dan wrote:

Hey shut up, Razz, leave my Yakitate Japan alone, that anime/manga is, as japanese fangirls would say: Sugoi!

Razz
I... I won't press the matter further.

Er, anyways... hobbies. Aside from programming, I'd go with Aikido (and Aikibuki), and reading. Can't beat escaping through books (when it's done properly).
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
Quote:
Meh, at least Go is harder then chess.

I don't know, they both have so many possibilities, it's hard to say. Played at a pretty serious level Chess can get pretty hard, and Go can have such a big board that it doesn't really make a comparison.

I whould say go is much more chanlging and stragitical. There is a reason why they have not been able to make a good Go AI yet. Chess is very limited in the move combinations realtively and i find the game play to be much more aprent, there is just more to consider in go. Tho i realy am not that big a fan of ether game, lol.

ah....Yakitate Japan....thats the one i was thinking about, crazy sukra from cardcatpors looking boy making bread with a pink hair band, what could posably be odd about that?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Snowboarding. Yea, thats about it.

Man i'm lovin the hasselhoff avatar. Lol.
lyam_kaskade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Reading, work (I know, it's not really a hobby, but I do it alot), sleeping (the unconcious kind, not the umm...other kind).

Yeah it's pretty boring right now. I'm hoping to pick up some more in a few weeks once I get out of this one horse town.

Oh, and researching methods of time travel. One day...
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

lyam_kaskade wrote:
sleeping (the unconcious kind, not the umm...other kind).

I suppose one could be having the other kind of sleep unconciously as well... say - they were knocked out with drugs?

That being said I enjoy both alternatives of sleeping Twisted Evil

On the topic of hobbies though (in no particular order): movies, paintball, snowboarding, arcade, programming, graphics, photography... *stares at his resume* and apparently also administering you guys. Umm... yeah - everybody banned! Laughing
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 25 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: