Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 New MSN For Mac Update
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:50 am   Post subject: New MSN For Mac Update

Download it

Though look how far back MSN for Mac is (in its features and etc) then MSN Messanger (for windows Very Happy).

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Notoroge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Actually, although it's really lacking in features. It just looks so much cooler. Laughing
But, in reality, I like the fact that it lacks all those useless and cluttering features, while still looking and performing better. But then again, it's Mac software; even though it's written by Microsoft. Razz

Update: At first I thought you were talking about something to do with MSN and Media Access Control. Thinking i.e: MAC not Mac.
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:53 pm   Post subject: Re: New MSN For MAC Update

Amailer wrote:
Though look how far back MSN for mac is (in its features and etc) then MSN Messanger (for windows Very Happy).

Yeah, I'm sure Microsoft wouldn't do something like cripple the Mac OS X MSN messenger client to give Windows some small advantage.

Oh, and if you're on a Mac and aren't using Adium, you're insane.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
md

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Gaim is good... although it takes a bit of work to get it installed on a mac
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Adium uses the Gaim networking libraries, but a nice, highly customizable Cocoa interface.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Aaaa! After looking at that comparison table, I can tell how much better the mac version is. "Send/Recieve Nudges"? I can't imagine how big a waste of time that must be. The older versions of msn were seemingly much more usable than the new ones.
Notoroge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
Aaaa! After looking at that comparison table, I can tell how much better the mac version is. "Send/Recieve Nudges"? I can't imagine how big a waste of time that must be. The older versions of msn were seemingly much more usable than the new ones.
I'm with stupid
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
"Send/Recieve Nudges"? I can't imagine how big a waste of time that must be.
You're kindding right? That feature pwns... You can irritate those pests as much as u want untill they block you!! it rocks! Laughing btw swtich to msn7 (on windows) it has all these useless feature, and probably more..
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

rizzix wrote:
You can irritate those pests as much as u want untill they block you!!

Or figure out how to turn this "feature" off.. whatever comes first
lyam_kaskade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:

Integration with Microsoft Office

eh? Eh what's this? And it's only on the Mac version...
Notoroge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, Mac has it's own Microsoft Office. And apperantly their MSN version can integrate with it. That pretty much sums it up. Confused
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Indeed, I was wondering that too. It has integration with the Mac MS Office, but not on Windows? Why would they do that, if on purpose..?
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
Indeed, I was wondering that too. It has integration with the Mac MS Office, but not on Windows? Why would they do that, if on purpose..?

Because Microsoft's Mac Business Unit is better at writing Mac software than the rest of the company is at writing Windows software?
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yep. Also.. Microsoft's Office for mac is 100x better than that for windows. It has it's own set of unique features that that are absent in the windows' version. Just look it up: http://mactopia.com
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

give ms some credit... linux is open source and is developed by millions of developers... ms doesnt have that many employees.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 7  [ 97 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: