Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Need help with these files!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
horlickiki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:05 pm   Post subject: Need help with these files!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a game with really great music, but themusic files are all in MUS file (.mus) form... (There are CCD (.ccd) files with them, although I'm not sure if they go together...) How can I convert these MUS files into a format that I can listen to on windows media player, itunes or one of the media players?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If you can't find a way to convert the files (ie, through the use of Audacity or the like) then I would suggest searching various P2P networks for the game's official sound track (or select songs from it). Though with that method it helps if the game is more recent/popular.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Which game is this? I often mod and 'extract' from games Smile.
Maybe you could even pm one of these so called .mus files...
Notoroge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

How do you know it's not an MP3 with a different file extention? OTOH, try running it as-is in something like Foobar2000; the big-pack though, the one that comes with most codecs. That thing'll play anything.

This assuming that it's only one track per MUS file, or even various. But if it's anything like the DAT files that Blizzard likes to use in their games, then you're going to have to look for some programs that can let you unpack those.

Update: I know that GTA:III's radio stations can be played as-is in VLC Media Player. Your game could be something like that.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: