Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Awesome topic on Slashdot - Intelligent Design
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:04 pm   Post subject: Awesome topic on Slashdot - Intelligent Design

http://science.slashdot.org/science/05/08/04/1347216.shtml?tid=14&tid=219

Slashdot meet religion. Oh man, this is some of the funniest stuff I've read in a long time. Creationists are a blast.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't know, I'd have to go with this (and the other comments linked by it) as funniest.
rizzix

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

coutsos: yea funny.

wow those guys have a lot of time on their hands...
Notoroge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What the hell man, why all the fsking links to Slashdot!?
Boo-chan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I actually found that topic rather insightful, mainly for the links. I had no idea that there was a flat earth society and up to this point had never heard of the First United Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster .
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The flat earth society is a joke.
Notoroge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:
Shocked LIAR!
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:

I'll say. I read through it after I saw the link on the thread, genuinely intrigued to see what sort of basis they had for their belief. Man, "joke" is right. They consider the fact that people on the south pole don't fall off the Earth as significant proof against a round Earth, but do not bother addressing why we "loop" back to our starting point if we keep going straight, as in an intercontinental flight for example.

And they don't even leave contact info Sad I would've loved mocking those guys a bit.

However, the thread DID contain quite an interesting link! This is the best poke at ID I have ever seen Laughing
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hikaru79 wrote:

And they don't even leave contact info Sad I would've loved mocking those guys a bit.

And... bring yourself frustration. If these ppl did exist, they would be totally convinced of their own beliefs, completely. And one thing I've learned with whether rediculing or trying to educate these ppl is that I only bring myself frustration. Its like trying to talking to unlock a locker lock...
Boo-chan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The site is clearly a joke, all you need to do is look under the current news section of the site. Things like

Quote:
"-After spending over sixteen million dollars and using over 48 thousand yards of industrial strength strapping tape, we of the Flat Earth Society were able to construct an enormously powerful neurotransmitter that can implant suggestions directly into the brains of the nearby non-Flat Earthers. Having set it up just outside of the Russian Antarctic exploration post (Vostok), we are awaiting word that all three scientists and 174 penguins have been shown the light."

kind of give it away.
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Boo-chan wrote:
The site is clearly a joke, all you need to do is look under the current news section of the site.

Oh... right Embarassed I knew that, duh.... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Crying or Very sad
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: