Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 MSN "Dangerous Behavior"
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:53 pm   Post subject: MSN "Dangerous Behavior"

Okay, weird thing happned today....
I got this message from zomealarm and im not sure if this is normal but is MSN suppose to be doing this?

And I'm using the latest version of MSN 7.5 or.. full MSN Messenger 7.5.0162 BETA

what_the_heck.jpg
 Description:
Why would MSN need to do this? Monitor my mouse movements and keyboard strokes
 Filesize:  30.56 KB
 Viewed:  2103 Time(s)

what_the_heck.jpg

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ahh bmp. Use something more reasonable...
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hehe, used paint- k changed it to jpg.
md

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmmm... strange indeed... I have no idea, but I'm thinking it's not good Razz
person

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

y would msn care to monitor anyones' activities??

more importantly, wat r they gonna do with their information??
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

uh... they already have message history. I'm willing to bet its something to do with it ... geez, no need to panic.
Notoroge

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, a UI could be built several different ways. You never know. Maybe it has to track your mouse movement to know when the mouse is over the "Send" button and when you click it. Maybe the message-box is just an animation, and it is actually monitoring your keyboard strokes when you click over it to see what you're typing.

Do you have any idea how many "LOL! WTF?" posts they'd be indexing with something like this. Hardly worth the effort.
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Maybe it's a bad plugin you downloaded?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Check spyware and adware first. As much as I know that msn is evil, this could be some external problem which attached itself to messenger.
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't think its either, unless xfire is evil also o.O.
Same message came up for XFire..... maybe ZoneAlarm is screwed and it displays it for all chat clients...? but it shoun't (XFire is a type of IM).

I check the plugins .. I only got msn plus or w/e and... thats it o.O
Check spyware, removed 50 Rolling Eyes but yeah hehe i think that was before i got the message
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The most likey reason for this is that there is or will be posibly of mouse gesters. Tho u never know with M$, i find it unlike that it is spy ware or M$ spying on you (tho they do in other ways) b/c mouse movements alone do not tell u much. whould be easyer to take screen shots....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I woud but its like a normal MSN... not much of a diffrence..... Would (as already state) MSN+ be triggering that warning because... MSN+ logs all the messages you type instantly into a text file (so its up-to-date you don't need to close the conversation or w/e)...iunno
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You have the MSN Bug, not that Msn made it, it is a little virus in the reg key area that removes the normal msn reg key's and replaces them with modded ones. The simple way to fix this is to remove msn, if you can or if not then reformat (thats what I had to do, but there were other problems I had), By the way did you go to any X-rated sites or hacking sites cause thats were you catch it. Mine I got while patching RoN, damn hackers only out for money!!
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

maybe you have a keylogger in your computer and the keylogging file's name is "msnmsgr.exe"
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Its no bug, no key logger nothing- all programs that record something get the msg.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: