Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 PS1 DDR mat compatible with PS2 DDR?
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:15 pm   Post subject: PS1 DDR mat compatible with PS2 DDR?

Anyone know if the PS1 DDR pad I got will work on a PS2 DDR game? The PS2 one is 50$ wireless while the PS1 one is 30$ with wire and doesn't have the same square triangle circle etc.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I should think so. PSOne and PS2 controllers are compatible with either system, aren't they? And the PS2 can play PSOne games, so...

Oh. And I've played DDR at my friend's house on a borrowed PS2 with his mats (he only owns a PSOne).
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yea it does work.. many of my friends play their ddr max, max2 and extreme on ps1 pads. the ps2 and ps1 controllerss are identical except for the fact that the ps2 controllers have longer cords and are pressure sensitive
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

so there's no trouble with the freeze arrows using a PS1 pad?
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No, that shouldn't be a problem.
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it all works well, w00t, my first C on standard mode.
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

paul, you have much work ahead of you
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, I went on an unlocking mission, trying to unlock everything on the game. I started with light, did around 30~ songs non stop this morning, got half A half B, set all records lol Razz
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This is what concerns me most about DDR. There are lots of songs I like ("Tsugaru", "B4U", "Butterfly"gotohell!, etc.), but there are also many crappy songs. I mean, "In the Navy"? "Tub Thumping"? I go to Silver City, I see Episode 3, and all I can think of is "Well at least after it's done I can go play DDR, and then I won't have to kill people." But the limited selection of music was truly disappointingz0r.

And if I understand you correctly, I'd have to play through these songs enough to get a score that will unlock other songs?
/me hugs USB pad designs and BitTorrent protocol.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yea, you do have to. Thats why I have to get an A on cher's "do you believe" to get the challenge version of tsugaru (bah, its not like I'll play it). "Do you believe" I think was never meant to be danced to anyway -_-
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Now I can't understand how DDR (console versions, at least) could be successful. What would you say is the ratio of good:bad songs?
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, depends on what your taste is, they're not your usual DDR type songs. My girlfriend's parents, not knowing anything about it, bought DDR extreme, which is in my opinion alot worse than DDR MAX or DDR MAX2. In the latter games, you can probably get a 1:1 ratio, in extreme it would be like 1:5, good to bad ratio. Although I do enjoy "kick the can", "enter the dragon theme" and "go west" Laughing
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That's why you get Stepmania, so you don't have to play crappy songs.

Gogogogo My Summer Love!

P.S. Coutsos is a DDR poser. Razz
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm a DDR inventor. You've never seen my plans for the foldup DDR pads. I've got two variations, one of them able to become a useful box, the other used as a sort of "Duel Disc" hologram throwy thingy.

My unmade planned DDR pad could kick your unmade DDR pad's ass!
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: