Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Video Help
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
jamonathin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:19 pm   Post subject: Video Help

I've been away from my computer at my moms since september, and now when i go to play, Counter Strike: Condition Zero, the game seizes, the screen blurs, and I have to put my computer on stand-by so that it closes the program, and everything goes back to normal. (saves time from rebooting).

All that I do is run the game, and that crap pops up, game freezes, and monitor is fuxed up. Anyone have any idea of what I can do?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Notoroge

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Samething happened to me after I upgrade drivers. I just uninstalled the game. A while later after I reinstalled Windows I decided to try it again with the latest drivers and it worked.

What you can try is, uninstall the game, remove/install video drivers. Then try installing the game again.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I tried re-installing my game before, and it never worked, then i tried looking for updates for my driver, but nothing there. Then i went to go uninstall my driver, and i saw an update button which fixed everything. Excpet the game basically says "The game must run in software mode because your video card is a pos". Thx for your help man.
Notoroge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What video-card do you have? Even a radeon 7000 should be able to run that game in OpenGL mode with low settings. But then again, I'm going by CS:1.6 The reqs for CZ could be completely different.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

16mb 3dfx Voodoo3
Notoroge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nevermind, rofl
Laughing
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: