Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Problem with A9CAD
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
kk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:07 pm   Post subject: Problem with A9CAD

Hi, I know this is somewhat unrelated to this forum, but I'm trying out A9CAD, which is a simpler version of AutoCAD, but freeware Smile for some technical drawings. Has anyone used this program? Maybe you can help me out. Smile Thank you! ^_^

My problem is with handling the layers. I am trying to copy something to another layer by cutting and pasting/copying and pasting (fyi, there are two ways to do this, the other through the drawing tool "copy") from the microsoft icons. I paste an entity to say Layer 0, and proceed to hide the other layer. The problem is that whatever I pasted gets hidden as well!

The original layer is fine, but when I try to hide Layer 0 and show original Layer, then try to delete some existing objects on Layer 0 to see if what I pasted would show up. Something gets messed up here, and amongst several hiding and showings of layers, eventually the deleted entities on Layer 0 appear on the original Layer! Confused This is really confusing ... I haven't figured out what this program is exactly doing... Perhaps it's a bug in the program...would anyone have an idea as to why this is happening?

Note: I have tried regenerating the screen and redrawing the entities to find the problem, but they didn't seem to help. Any help would be really appreciated! Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 1 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: