Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Toshiba Satellite 1400 PROBLEM!!! Help!
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Androu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:22 am   Post subject: Toshiba Satellite 1400 PROBLEM!!! Help!

Hey, I have a Toshiba Satellite that I have bought off someone that is 1 years old. It is a C 1.33, 14X 256MB, 30GB HD
I charged it the whole night, and when i woke up I pressed the Power button and the Power LED light came on. That's about it, nothing else happens, nothing on the screen, and I cannot access my DVD rom so I know the laptop isnt actually running!
What is the problem and how do I get my laptop back up and running.
Any suggestions will help! Thanks!!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Notoroge

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You know how there's a button the presses when you close the laptop? Maybe it's not workin' properly. Hit it a few times. It might also be locked at the BIOS level. *Or* have no Operating System installed. But then you should still be able to see some BIOS output. So bah. Confused Dunno, try fiddling around with things until you find something that works.

If it has a VGA-out try hooking it up to your monitor and see if you get anything on there. To see if the LCD panel doesn't work. Also, there might be a 'monitor sleep' button that stops it from going on. But then again, your DVD-Rom should have been working all through this. But then again, both problems could be unrelated. So you never know.

Hope this post was of some help. Razz

Update: I also remembered. Some laptops, if not all, have a button that toggles output to VGA and to the LCD panel. Try hitting that a couple times to see if it goes on.
Neo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Are you running it off the battery or the outlet? Try the outlet.
Androu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

tried both!
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: