Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 projectile-hit-box-thingy
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MihaiG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:20 am   Post subject: projectile-hit-box-thingy

be carefull the projectile is infinitley small (a dot using draw.dot...etc)
sues some classical physics stuff...

please post feedback Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

A couple of things:

- post a list of commands! It's no use looking at this if we don't know how everything works. I got as far as moving the box, and I think I even moved the, umm, line. I don't actually know what this meant though. Rolling Eyes
- drawdot -> drawfilloval
- add a delay to your loop, it runs too fast and doesn't accept input very well.
- setscreen("nobuttonbar")
I couldn't tell if you'd used offscreenonly or not, but it did flicker every once in a while.
MihaiG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im runnign 2.4ghz..is runnign medeoker for me....oh soryyy...

up-angle+
down-angle-
right-power+
left-power-
Delos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I still maintain that you need at least variable delay. As well as change your 'dot' to an 'oval'. Also, key for shoot is? (Enter and Space don't seem to do anything, or I just can't see it.)
jamonathin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah at first i thought the box shot up or somethhing, then i saw some flashes by the line and i was like Eh ? The i realized it shot a grain of sand at the box, but then i wasn;t sure if I ever hit the box, or if it moved on a timer. Kinda hurt the eyes Nuty Eyes
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, make it drawoval for sure. All I saw was some dot flying by somewhere from the line, could barely see it at my resolution. Like this the program is pretty pointless. Also, yup, delay the loop since the box just jumps from place to place and it doesn't even respond well.

Delos - he did use offscreenonly.
MihaiG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well i updated..now...

its now includes points,angle,power etc...
Instructions
up-angle +
down-angle -
right- Power +
left- Power -
Ctrl-Fire
..how to use

objection hit the grey box ...
the "buildingins" are destructable but u lose one point every time u hit a black building..
the grey building will give u +20 points...

its impossible to hit the block in one shot...'
if the "shell" goes of the screen"..you will see a blink..Meaning it was detonated Wink Twisted Evil
..its like the game "tanks" etc...
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Alright, thats a lot better, good start. Now, I would still possibly make the projectile bigger, but it's better now. Some things:
  1. The game is still way too fast to get accurate control - make a customizable delay or make the delay timed, not using delay().
  2. The projectile disappears when it is in a destroyed white area (in the perimiter of the building), it shouldn't.
  3. You should never use quit! There are many better methods of exiting the program.
  4. If you are making this game like what you call tanks (what I call Scorch Smile) then you should add the option where the remaining building above the destroyed area falls until it comes into contact with the area remaining below the destroyed area. It gives a more realistic effect. So, what I am really saying is: add an option for turning off the 'tunneling' effect.

Hope you make a full game out of this!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MihaiG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
Alright, thats a lot better, good start. Now, I would still possibly make the projectile bigger, but it's better now. Some things:
  1. The game is still way too fast to get accurate control - make a customizable delay or make the delay timed, not using delay().
  2. The projectile disappears when it is in a destroyed white area (in the perimiter of the building), it shouldn't.
  3. You should never use quit! There are many better methods of exiting the program.
  4. If you are making this game like what you call tanks (what I call Scorch Smile) then you should add the option where the remaining building above the destroyed area falls until it comes into contact with the area remaining below the destroyed area. It gives a more realistic effect. So, what I am really saying is: add an option for turning off the 'tunneling' effect.

Hope you make a full game out of this!

sure..il try to make an adjustable delay...

im still wroking the dissapearing shell "bug"...its quite a bugger .hehehe

ya i know quit is bad...but..hey ill work on it

the faling building i think would take forever to make...because i used a polygon
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: