Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Writing to an ODBC Database
Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Rohan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:28 pm   Post subject: Writing to an ODBC Database

can sum1 explain how to write to a ODBC database...i kno how to read n output n stuff...but i dunno how to write..

Thanks Very Happy

Rohan
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
octopi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what type of database is it?

as far as I understand, ODBC is just like an interface for connecting to a database. like you could connect to a MYSQL database via ODBC if you wanted..

All you would do, is you would do a 'query' but you'd use an INSERT command, instead of a SELECT (in most cases)

anyways, you should find what type of database you use, and then look up the documentations for that DB, or some tutorials
Rohan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:46 pm   Post subject: Writing to an ODBC Database

well, its a MS Access Database :S

i've looked around in a lotta places for tuts on that, but ive been unsuccessful in finding 1 for MS Access databases...i could use sql, but i cant gettit to work on my comp. but i'll try the insert command

thanks,

Rohan
   Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: