Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Looking for firefox extension
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Neo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:58 pm   Post subject: Looking for firefox extension

Are there any extensions out there that display upload/ download rates?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Doesn't the normal 'download' tab thing show the rates already? Or do I have some extention without knowing it?
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The 'Download Manager' in Firefox is built-in, but accessing it is really non-intuitive. By default, it does not show up when you start a download, but instead requires you to do a CTRL+KEY combination to bring it up. Even worse, this combination is different depending on whether you're using Linux Firefox or Windows Firefox (as is the "Preference" menu ... hmm Sad). If you're on Linux, it's Ctrl+Y to bring it up. In Windows, I believe it is something like Ctrl+J. Notice how neither Y nor J are present in the words "Download Manager." As good a browser as Firefox may be, it has some design issues...
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, I know that it pops up on it's own for me. Makes my view of firefox so much better Smile. Don't you have a Tools>Options>Downloads>"Show download manager window when downloads begin" ? I'm telling you, the first thing to do when you get firefox is look at the options menu - it's the first thing I did after installing.
Neo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I want the rates to show while surfing not when just downloading, similar to how zonealarm shows the upload and download rates.
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=26
Thats there...Download Statusbar - Firefox Extension (never tried) not even sure if its what your looking for o.O
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This is a bit off topic, but firefox is at version 1.06 now!? Dang, I just visited a few weeks ago and they were still at 1.04. This computer still only have 1.02, and I only got that a little while ago after the pre-release version. My point is, they sure are picking up the pace...

So, you want it to show something like that status of loading a normal webpage?
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Indeed. According to today's press release, they will be releasing a beta version of 1.5 (not 1.0.5 ... actually 1.5) sometime in August. Read about it here: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/roadmap.html
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think just last week I installed 1.0.5... what the heck? this is like windows updates Rolling Eyes
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: