Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Let's all write short-stories!
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Notoroge

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:59 pm   Post subject: Let's all write short-stories!

Okay. Show some creativity. Confused I guess the music thread didn't get as much attention as I hoped it would (I'm in the mood for some new music, but meh...). So let's start a thread where you can share your creativity!

I'll start it off;
http://notoroge.trap17.com/

Yeah, click the link. Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Very... interesting Shocked. Would this happen to be a true story, based on experiences?

Well, I would post something, but I happen to not be very creative - at least, not the 'spur of the moment' type.

I remember reading a topic here a long while ago, somebody posting a bunch of story type things. Pretty funny Smile.
Notoroge

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Er, I just wrote that in two seconds because I was bored. Are you serious? If that sounded like a true story... well, *sigh*...Newbcake!
Update: Er! I just realized the person that made that website theme has a Firefox logo on the bottom right-hand corner... I'll fix this! Mad
Aoi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:52 am   Post subject: The walk

The Walk...

One day Sexybear, Skyangel and Aoi were walking outside in the woods... then it started to rain so they ran for cover... they ran and ran and ran then suddenly Aoi fell into a ditch.... Skyangel tried to get Aoi out... but then Sexybear being the evil person she is kicked skyangel in... but in the nick of time Skyangel grabed Sexybear's shirt and pulled her in with her... and lucky Aoi caught them both... and then Aoi also fell... they were trapped... but lucky or so they thought after a few seconds of screaming.... 1... aaaaaaaahhhhhhh.... 2.... aaaaaaahhhhh... 3........ aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh..... A-hole, Pyro and Militaryboy walked by... they hear the three unlucky girls screaming for help and they went to investigate... when they saw it was Sexybear, Skyangel and Aoi... they pointed and laugh and walked away... But a few seconds later they were screaming... then a huge thump sound... then nothing more... (we shall find out later...) finally the three girls came up with a plan to build a human missile... thought the originally plan was to lanch Sexybear so she can get help... she ending up hitting Skyangel over the head and lanuched her instead... so when Skyangel woke up she was being launched... (note Aoi was also knocked out.. so it was all Sexybear doing...) anyway... Skyangel was launched... she landed safely on a magically pile of pillows... that came out of no where... she then also found a ladder that for some strange reason she was able to carry herself... Skyangel then lowers the ladder and saves Sexybear and Aoi making Skyangel the hero.... well then the girls containued their walked when they came to another ditch and found that A-hole, Pyro and Militaryboy was in the ditch and was passed out... they then decided to throw a 2 buckets full of posioness spiders into the the ditch becuz the guys didn't save they... then Sexybear poked them with a stick to wake them up.... they woke up.... the three of them screamed like girls and try to get outta the ditch... the girls then pointed and laugh and went home...

THE END

Yes this is one of those random stories that me and close friend came up with LOL
lyam_kaskade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Lyam wrote:

In a small town somewhere in the midwestern United States lived a boy named Stan. Stanley Q. Fiddlesticks XVII to be precise, but Stan for short. Now, Stan was just like any other boy, except Stan had an extraordinary dream: he was going to build a time machine. Yes, a time machine. You may be laughing now, but that's okay, because everyone else laughed too. Stan's neighbours, his friends, his girlfriend, even his mom laughed right in his face when he told them he was going to build a time machine. But that just made him want to build it more. So he worked at it, reading up on Quantum Mechanics, Relativity, String Theory, etc, anything that might allow a loophole for him to travel through time. Alas, everywhere he looked he found nothing. Everyone continued to laugh. It was a running gag amongst the librarians.

"Build that time machine yet Stan?" They would ask, and then laugh. It wasn't a very good gag, but the librarians were old women who laughed at every biting comment they made at people trying to learn. Many people in the town were like that, ignorant lot.

Back to Stan, who kept coming up emptyhanded in his quest for time travel. One day, as Stan had just given up hope and decided to become a travelling salesman like the 17 Stanley Q. Fiddlesticks before him, something happened. He was walking down the street to school and then BAM! a large, blue, vortex opened in front of him. A man jumped out, who introduced himself as Stan.

"But I'm Stan" said Stan, who was, in fact, Stan.

"Yes, I'm you from the future." said Stan (the one from the future).

As soon as the townspeople heard about it, they all stopped laughing. They stopped talking completely actually, since Stan not building a time machine was all they had talked about for the last several years. Eventually some of them went insane from the silence and had themselves a mass suicide, which gave the town something to talk about again, and everything returned to normal. Except for Stan.

Future Stan told Stan he had come from the future, where there had been a massive world war that wiped out 99% of the Earth's population. Intelligent machines and chess AIs were involved. Future Stan said Stan's time machine was humanity's only hope. Future Stan then began showing Stan how to build the Time Machine.

"Isn't this parodoxical?" Young Stan asked.

Future Stan just smiled, "Where'd a kid like you learn a big word like that?" and continued showing him how to build the time machine.

Just as it was completed, a cyborg ninja came through a vortex (similar to the one Future Stan came through, only purple) and killed Future Stan. Quickly, younger Stan opened his own vortex and jumped in to escape.

And thus begins Stan's trek through time to save the world.

How do I know this story, you ask?
Because...[pause for effect]
I AM Stan!
Surprised !!
Delos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

@Aoi: you read way too much (or too little) Terry Pratchett. I guess I shouldn't be too critical, seeing as I finished the last book of his I checked out from the library in two days...

Let's see...

Delos wrote:

Juan had always been fascinated by lightbulbs. Well, lights in general. The way the shimmered and glowed, a sort of constancy and dependability that thwarted the irregularities of mundane existence. And they came in pretty colours.
Juan would sit in his room for hours on end staring at the various light-fixtures he had had installed. Naturally, this did a real number on his eyes and it wasn't long before he needed stronger glasses.
He liked to have a good variety - fancy ones, dull ones, bright ones, dim ones. Some were just plain white light, others were green or blue. But he had always dreamed of having a black light. These fascinated him even more than regular lights, because he knew the light was there, but he couldn't see it! For Juan, this was as close to mysticism as he got.
So, one day Juan decided to become his much sought after black light. It didn't take too long, and his glasses really helped with the casing.
Juan was happy, being a black light. The world was so...different. He didn't only focus on one spot any more. He could look at five, may be six different lights at the same time, all over the room. He could appreciate an entire room of lights, without even having to move his head.
One day, Juan's close friend of thirteen years, Anoop, came to visit. He was worried since Juan had been spending a lot of time in his room recently. Anoop let himself into the room and looked around, stunned at what he saw.
Lights, everywhere. For some reason, Anoop felt as though there ought to be a tartly dressed gentleman or gentlewoman dealing cards over by some slot machines if this picture were to be truely complete.
Then he saw Juan.
'Hello Juan', said Anoop. 'How are you feeling today? You mom told me what you did. I thought I'd stop by and see how things were going.'
'Oh, hello you. What was your name again?'
'Anoop, Juan. You remember me, right? We've been friends for thirteen years. Close friends.'
'Of course, of course,' replied Juan in a patronizing voice. Anoop got the sense that the light that was Juan was smirking at him. A shudder ran down his back.
'Juan, are you going to come back any time?' asked Anoop after a short time. There was silence. Except for the hum or the other lights.
'Why? I'm far better off than any of you others could ever be,' began Juan. Some of the other lights dimmed some as he continued. 'My life has never been better. I have an entire room full of lights. Look at them, Anew, just look at them. They sparkle and glow, all to my whim! Do you have anyone who does that? Anyone who would sacrifice their very life-force so you could be the brightest and most powerful of the lot? Do you?!'
Anoop got annoyed. He didn't like his friend acting all high-and-mighty around him, and he definitely didnt' like being called 'Anew'.
'Hey Juan?'
'Stop! You are not fit to utter my name so familiarly!'
'What does this switch do?'
'No!'
Notoroge

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Claping
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm too lazy to come up with anything spontaneously, but here's a Hikaru no Go fanfic that I wrote about two years ago that did pretty well in the FF.net reviews. A few people claim it "changed their lives" if you go to the "reviews" button at the top ._. I don't know about that, but it was fun writing it Smile

BTW, if you're new to FF.net, you have to scroll through the chapters with the button in the lower-right corner
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow very good! well written! although I read but only part I, haha what can i say - nice.
Delos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Just finished your story Hikaru, and I must say that I'm impressed. I haven't watched Hikaru No Go, though I might at some point. Needless to say, the finer points of Go play completely eluded me though that didn't really matter. You style was a little forced near the beginning and at a few points near the end, but in all it flowed really well. Like many good animé out there, the build up was long, and the climax spectacular...
Great characters, attention to the details that define each. It was a story based on 'inner' experiences so the lack of detail about 'outer' experiences is quite understandable. We'll just call that little scene at the end with the sakura a juxtaposition, now won't we Very Happy.
All in all, a great romp into psychological questions of norm and deviance.

Oh, your quote on part 5 (I think) was from Sherlock Holmes! Credit it dammit!
Also,
sakura petals flying about and you expect us not to sense a little shounen-ai?!
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Gee, thanks guys Smile Yeah, I definetly reccomend watching Hikaru no Go. It will definetly make the issue of Sai's existance a more intriguing one for you. I'm painfully aware of many problems with the prose, but I wrote this about two or three years ago, so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Maybe a rewrite would be in order though.

Delos, hehe, yes it is from Sherlock Holmes! ^_^ I was aware of it when I wrote it too, but I had Touya "not remember where he read that" because you can't expect a Go genius to keep such irrelevant details as Western literature into his busy brain Wink
naoki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wait a tic ... short stories .... post your good ones?

Gee ... if only I had a small collection of stories I could share with you guys. They'd be about mebbe my old computer science teacher and his wacky exploits. Man, that stuff would be funny to read .......
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

OMFG WOOT! Do it, man. You owe us for your lack of presence over the... year? Shocked
rizzix

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea we missed your sick stories... *sigh*
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, yeah, thats what I was talking about. I recently found those stories and they were amazing, hilarious! That has got to be one of the funniest things on this whole site Laughing.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 40 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: