Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 I need help (Spyware) CLOSED
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:38 pm   Post subject: I need help (Spyware) CLOSED

I have a big problem this has been 2 days in a row, I just finished refromating my computer and the first site I went to was here, and then the spyware comes, I think there is something on this site, becasue then today I when on this site again and all the same things happened. I had cleaned up computer to. This is wierd if anyone else has had any problems like this please help me. I trust this site but 2 out of 2 times to much???
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jamonathin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've enver had that problem with CompSci, so I'm guessing it's just you. Have you ever heard of Spybot - Search & Destroy? It's free. Or at least it is off bearshare. Razz
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yup, that's a good one...

I highly doubt its with this site. Some spywares just do that as soon as you connect to the internet. Another explanation could be that its some toolbar you have, and as soon as you start your browser it messes stuff up. These things aren't always right in front of you, so I would look a little more for something like that.
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Why not make the first site u visit getfirefox.com?
also Spybot-S&D is a good program for removing spyware. I also like Ad-Aware.

Good luck with your problem!
Notoroge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

BearShare? Rofl, If you get Spybot off of BearShare, you just might end up with a virus on your box.
Hint: Smile (<-- Click the smilie)
MihaiG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

spyware blaster is [reatty good too...dont have a link right now...but it prevents most spyware from installing itself on ur comp......i used to get liek 100 spyware a month now i get about 1-3 a month :-)my computer had a virus that kep on install stuff
Notoroge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

El Comandante wrote:
spyware blaster is [reatty good too...dont have a link right now...but it prevents most spyware from installing itself on ur comp......i used to get liek 100 spyware a month now i get about 1-3 a month :-)my computer had a virus that kep on install stuff
What the hell? 1- 3 Spyware installs a months is unthinkable. 100 Spyware installs a month is just scandalous. What the hell do you do, Install everything possible off Download.com? Getting that much Spyware is a fulltime job. I myself get "0" Spyware installs, ever. And I still run SpyBot S&D and weekly Anti-Virus checks, just for good-measure.

It's no wonder you're the 'supreme newbcake of compsci'! ...Geeze, seriously. WTF?
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Microsoft's "AntiSpyware" beta program, available right here is apparently surprisingly good, although recently there've been reports that Microsoft has been whitelisting certain spyware in return for financial contributions. So don't rely on it exclusively, but give it a try Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Notoroge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The reason it's so good is because M-Soft bought it off a smaller company that did the coding. Razz It's not programmed the elite MS Coders.
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I figured out the problem and fixed it, someone sent me a pm with a data miner in it, along with game, there was no name though, I reformatted and the problem is fixed.
lyam_kaskade

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

So, Microsoft is making anti-spyware software...

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Except, spyware. Eh

dilbert.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.69 KB
 Viewed:  3112 Time(s)

dilbert.JPG

jamonathin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Notoroge wrote:
BearShare? Rofl, If you get Spybot off of BearShare, you just might end up with a virus on your box.
Hint: Smile (<-- Click the smilie)
That's where I first got Turing Razz. But it's not on there any more Thinking
Notoroge

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

BTW, why doesn't this topic say "CLOSED" on the title? Thinking
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What, why doesn't it? Laughing

Maybe he just doesn't want any more posts or something Thinking.
Delos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

That can be fixed quite easily.

Au revoir.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: