Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Shuttle Launch
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:51 pm   Post subject: Shuttle Launch

Now. Hurry.

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/

EDIT: Okay, maybe not. Apparently there was a faulty fuel tank. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050713/D8BALENO0.html

Sorry. You can still look at the launch pad though.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

First shuttle launch in a long while, and a problem appears, this doesn't look good Mad
Drakain Zeil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hah, how disapointing...

Why are we still building these things? wasn't the plan to have a centrifugal teather so we could just pull ourselves into space?
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wasn't that tank just re-made? and they are still having problems with the tank? now a reading problem that can shutdown the shuttlte o.O why would thtey make such a funtion lol (while taking off...)
md

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think the problem is that the engine might still keep burning even after it's supposed to stop because the tank is empty... at least that's what I understood... Oh well, looks like the space station is gonna end up unfinished afterall. I just wish they would get their acts together and start publishing a plan to go to mars already, how am I going to get to go if they delay so damned long?!
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Drakain Zeil wrote:
Hah, how disapointing...

Why are we still building these things? wasn't the plan to have a centrifugal teather so we could just pull ourselves into space?

Yes. And we're going to eventually figure out gravitons, so we won't have to worry about that stuff either. These shuttles are due to be retired in 2010 I think.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: