Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Help: Reusing trial software
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
mapleleafs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:46 pm   Post subject: Help: Reusing trial software

Hey sup. Anyways, the 30 day trial of program I downloaded, expired a little while ago. I wanted to use the program again, so I uninstalled it, downloaded the trial again, then tried reinstalling it. However, upon installation, the program recognized that I had previously used the program before, and I was not able to complete installation. So I was wondering what I should do in order to use the program again. Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You could do one of the following:
a) Buy the program
b) Find a free alternative
c) Format your hard drive

Though there could be a way to get around the trial. maybe some registry key or other file left by the program to keep track of how long you've been running it? The question would be where to find such a thing.
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Not sure if this trick still works, but set your clock ahead 1,000 years before you install. Do the install, then when the installer is finished, set your clock back. It may just be set for 30 days from 1,000 years from now. Smile
jamonathin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd's method works, you just have to be careful. My dad has this hardwood euchre game, and it has a 30 day trial that hes been playin for about 3 months. All you have to do is reset your day, and your fine. But whatever you do, do not reset the year backwards, or else you're done for ( i tried this on someone else's comp)
Notoroge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow, that's actually pretty darn clever. If you weren't a mod I'd give you bits wtd. Laughing
Neo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I first learned this trick from my physics teacher. We were using some physics program and it had expired so he set the date back a month. Laughing Laughing
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Make the adjustment to the date before you install the software, not every time you run it, since that would throw other applications off as well.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Pretty smart. I always just messed with the registry till it would run again Smile.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Neo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Anyone know how to prolong games that only let you try them out for an hour?
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Play the game while travelling at 0.95c?
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Silly wtd, wouldn't you need to take the game with you to play it? Then the time it lasts would still be the same Confused
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

LOL... umm ever heard of Crack.Cd? i'd suggest firefox if ur gona use it :p
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul wrote:
Silly wtd, wouldn't you need to take the game with you to play it? Then the time it lasts would still be the same Confused

Yes, but as far as the company that made the software is concerned, you'd have been using it for years. You have to take anychance to stick it to The Man. Wink
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1> Uninstall the program after expiry.
2> Start - Run - regedit
3> Find all keys that have a substring or mainstring of the program name.
4> Delete.
5> re-install
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't think you have to reinstall for some programs... At least, I didn't have to.

Or, a much better solution would be to get the real program, using your preferred method.

*edit* 600'th post Smile
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: