Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Nerds with girls
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Girlfriend?
(No ending time set)
Yes
52%
 52%  [ 20 ]
No
28%
 28%  [ 11 ]
I know girls... but they scare me
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
I know OF girls... but have yet to meet one
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
What's a girl?
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 38

md

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:57 pm   Post subject: Nerds with girls

given the recent... conversation... I've started to wonder just how many of the people here have girlfriends. It would seem to me that perhaps the number of "nerds" who use this site and who have girlfriends is higher then would be reasonable given the steriotypes.

Anyways on to the poll
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Notoroge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Missing Option,
  • Girls: Yes, Girlfriend: No
Laughing But for the sake of non-argument, I'll just say "yes". Although, know my position. Smile
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Define nerd.
I'm not addicted to star wars, lord of the rings, or star trek (although you could call those dweebs). Star was is ok, the earlier movies, I don't particularily like star trek or LOTR.

I haven't sat down and programmed for more times than I have fingers (even though I have had compsci throughout the year).

I read ctrl-alt-del, applegeeks and the like, I check them every other day.

I don't play video games alot, I don't own any sort of consoles, I have a 5 year old computer.

My schedule is: everyday summer school in july, monday + friday swimming (I'm a bad swimmer, wanting to improve), tuesday and thursday basketball with my friends, wednesday its weights (more than usual) + anything I want to. One day of the weekend I spend working, the other day I'd probably reserve for my girlfriend.

I spend most of my time on the internet reading articles, or on MSN. I use to read alot, but not anymore.

Even though I don't program, I spend my time on this site because I like talking to you people, who are pretty interesting at times. Smile I don't spend alot of time online, maybe 1 or 2 hours really, per day. If I be a nerd, I'd say I'm a well rounded nerd, it just kinda sucks to be not especially good at anything, but ok at everything. I have a 90%~ average at school, but if I go to UW, I'd prolly be bumped up to a 93%~

I'm pretty boring, if asked what I liked, I'd say basketball, computers... having fun with friends?

Yes, I do have a girlfriend and no, no pictures on the computer. (I've tried before to take pictures of a picture, it didn't work.)

As for notoroge, explain? What is this, flirting? taking turns openly? Multi-dating? Or just all together Wink ?
md

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I knew I missed an option! Ahh well; I can't add it Sad And nerd as defined by
One or more of
1) programming a lot, showering little
2) role playing + magic + lots of games
3) describing yourself as a nerd
4) having been described as a nerd, in the last 6 months
5) anything else that I have missed which is commonly thought to be a trait that makes one a nerd.
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm missing a series to hook myself on to, one step away from dweeb.

I know! I'm a Full-Metal-Alchemist-Dweeb!
lyam_kaskade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Social ineptitude is usually an indication that someone is a "nerd" as well (though not necessary).

Paul wrote:

I have a 90%~ average at school, but if I go to UW, I'd prolly be bumped up to a 93%~

Don't marks usually go down when you go to University? I mean, because everyone has 80%+ going in, but not everyone has 80%+ there.

Also, Cornflake, what is a girl? Thinking
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No, I mean when I apply, they're probably going to count it as a 93% compared with other schools. This bump-up percentage is usually taken when looking at how much better on average WCI students do in their first year at UW than the other students.

As for FMA, I haven't watched in a year Confused

lyam, girls are those metal/plastic objects, coming and going on the "paved" roads, the best way to get to know one is jump infront of it as it is moving towards you. For the best experience, choose one that is fast moving. Wink
lyam_kaskade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh baby, here I come girls!!!

Now, Paul, that wasn't nice. What if I was serious? I think you'd feel bad when you read the headlines: "Adolescent killed trying to get to know car." Or you'd laugh. Probably laugh. I know I'd laugh.

Hmmm... I understand what you mean about UW. Though, it doesn't really seem fair considering that all high schools in Ontario are (supposed to be) created equal. Oh well, I'm already in.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'd laugh... then feel bad... then laugh again. I think its because everyone I ask around me who is graduating is going to UW. I think WCI has the largest percentage of people going to UW, because we're so close, from math to arts to psychology to engineering Razz
Aoi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This is soo not fair! I don't get to vote!!!!! and you're missing another option

girlfriends : Yes
wife: yes
Wives: yes

LOL
Neo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I would never want to have 2 wives, thats 2xThe B1tching.
Pickles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

No.

But not because I'm a nerd, but because im fat and loud, and have low self esteem Very Happy
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Girls are the enemy.
MihaiG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:
Girls are the enemy.

id have to go with martin on that one Rolling Eyes
Delos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh no. He's back.

Edit: and he got his name change...
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 4  [ 51 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: