Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Firefox: Opening new windows in tab?
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Notoroge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

But better, because I can see content from two different pages and compare them without having to hit the tabs constantly (I do that a lot, surprisingly). Anyways, would you hold contempt against Microsoft for Windows 3.11 even though they're several (much better) versions ahead of it now? Probably not. So why do the same with a browser? I never gave Opera much heed. But with 8.0.1 that totally changed, and made it my #1 browser of choice. It's the sleekest, smallest, most operable (hehe, bad pun) web-browser I've ever seen. Not to mention no memory-leakage issues. Confused
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
1of42

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Notoroge wrote:
But better, because I can see content from two different pages and compare them without having to hit the tabs constantly (I do that a lot, surprisingly). Anyways, would you hold contempt against Microsoft for Windows 3.11 even though they're several (much better) versions ahead of it now? Probably not. So why do the same with a browser? I never gave Opera much heed. But with 8.0.1 that totally changed, and made it my #1 browser of choice. It's the sleekest, smallest, most operable (hehe, bad pun) web-browser I've ever seen. Not to mention no memory-leakage issues. Confused

Yeah, bad pun Wink

I don't use Opera because the free version has huge ads, and I don't want to pay. Plus, it sounds like Firefox has just about everything Opera has in its free version, with (IMO) a nicer interface, and the whole extensions framework, which is something I use a lot of. Thus, I use the Fox.
Notoroge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Meh, again, free version has a single line running accross the top of the screen with text-ads. Opera has more than Firefox in the standard free version that you have to grab extensions for on FireFox. And in mu opinion, Opera's interface and feel is nicer. But whatever.
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it does not matter whether Opera has more than FireFox in its standard packaged form. What matters is that FireFox can far exceede its limits through extensions, while Opera cannot, well not so easily. Not only does FireFox have extension support, it also has a large community backing it up. This is firefox's great advantage over Opera, actualy over most other browsers. This is what makes this browsers great.
Notoroge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rizzix wrote:
it does not matter whether Opera has more than FireFox in its standard packaged form. What matters is that FireFox can far exceede its limits through extensions, while Opera cannot, well not so easily. Not only does FireFox have extension support, it also has a large community backing it up. This is firefox's great advantage(?) over Opera, actualy over most other browsers. This is what makes this browsers great.
Say what?
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: