Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How many tries did it take you to install Cygwin?
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Notoroge

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:58 pm   Post subject: How many tries did it take you to install Cygwin?

I've tried installing this arsehole 6 times now. And it's frozen at random places, detected corrupted files, and froze the whole computer every single time.
And these past two times, it's frozen at %99.
Quote:
/etc/postinstall/postinstall-ec-fonts-mftraced.sh
for almost an hour.

I just wanted to know what the highest amount of tries it has taken someone to install Cygwin. I know every single time I've installed Cygwin it has been quite an effort! Laughing

Someone, please, kill me.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
md

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

although I didn't bother readign the fine print; I assume it was somethign nasty.

The most times it's taken me is 3, and that's with the freezing of my computer at 99%. The last time I did it it installed in one go, broke itself on the update, crashed on the uninstall, and took two times to get installed after that... needless to say no updating since.
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:58 pm   Post subject: Re: How many tries did it take you to install Cygwin?

Quote:
/etc/postinstall/postinstall-ec-fonts-mftraced.sh

that's the same spot it froze on me every time i tried to install it, i gave up on it after about the 15th try
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If everyone has the same problem, I'm sure they would have by now posted a solution on the net Confused
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: