Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 SWING and layout question
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Aziz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:25 am   Post subject: SWING and layout question

Yes, I know, I'm annoying, I mean, look at all my help topics?? Holy crap, psycho!!! Anyways, my problem. In my program, the character manager as you all know by now, I have the text area. Now I want to make it so that when I resize the window, that and ONLY that (the text area) gets bigger. Now, before, i had it set to a kind-of-large number of rows, past the viewable window (its in a scrollpane), but when i resize to the maximum size of the text area, all the other components stretch, now, what can i do to fix this? I'm using a Spring layout...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
1of42

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:01 pm   Post subject: Re: SWING and layout question

Aziz wrote:
Yes, I know, I'm annoying, I mean, look at all my help topics?? Holy crap, psycho!!! Anyways, my problem. In my program, the character manager as you all know by now, I have the text area. Now I want to make it so that when I resize the window, that and ONLY that (the text area) gets bigger. Now, before, i had it set to a kind-of-large number of rows, past the viewable window (its in a scrollpane), but when i resize to the maximum size of the text area, all the other components stretch, now, what can i do to fix this? I'm using a Spring layout...

I think the only layout manager that will allow you to do that kind of thing is the GridBagLayout manager.
Aziz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oi, I see. Thanks. Know of a good tutorial on it? Sun's is kind of confusing :S
1of42

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Unfortunately, no. I was looking for one myself.
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: