Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Subtitles and SAMI
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:54 pm   Post subject: Subtitles and SAMI

I just dl'd a movie, saw it being advertised so i dl'd it (appleseed). Anyhow, it came with srt subtitles, but it didn't work with my DivX player, so I converted it into .smi. I use Windows Media Player 10, and I turned on the subtitle option in the "play" menu, but it still doesn't show the subtitles. And yes, I have the subtitle file the same name as the avi file and in the same folder. Anyone have experience with this?

edit: I read my post over, to clarify: .srt should work as subtitles for DivX player, but since it doesn't work with my DivX (after I installed DivX 6), I use windows media, windows media doesn't recognize .srt, so I made it into SAMI (with a little self made program in turing to correct a numbering mistake). And now WMP won't use the .smi subtitles Sad

Appleseed 2004 1.txt
 Description:
Here's the smi file, since smi ext is not allowed, I changed it into txt.

Download
 Filename:  Appleseed 2004 1.txt
 Filesize:  39.97 KB
 Downloaded:  709 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ever tried winDVD? it works like a charm
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, Appleseed!

Anyways, if I were stuck with Windows, I'd be using BSPlayer. Though I hear VLC Media Player is also quite good.
Delos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

VLC and MPC (Media Player Classic) are the way to go if you need to play videos with add-on subtitles.
Or you could always rev up your VirtualDubMod and insert the subtitle stream, then recompress manually!
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow, Appleseed is good Shocked

Anyway, I tried alot of the players suggested here (I already had VLC Rolling Eyes didn't think to try it though).
BSplayer worked the best. VLC stopped subbing all of a sudden, at a certain point, MPC didn't let me view the subs (the sub check option was greyed out). Go download that movie, its pretty good Smile
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Did you get the ending though? I didn't really know what the heck Briareos was talking about. And the password thing... weird.
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You mean "its entrusted to us now?" ? I think he means the wellbeing of human and bioroid races, y'know the balance, confilcts etc.

As for the password, I have 2 theories, both of which make not alot of sense:

1. Ghost (but there were nothing supernatural throughout the whole movie, so I doubt it)

2. Elaborate voice recognition AI implanted by the girl's mother. (doesn't make much sense either)
Notoroge

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Or install the 'Gordian Knot Codec Pack' and use 'Media Player Classic'.
That thing will play anything.
I mean, anything.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul wrote:
You mean "its entrusted to us now?" ? I think he means the wellbeing of human and bioroid races, y'know the balance, confilcts etc.

Eh? I have the DVD and having watched it both in English and in Japanese with subtitles it said "they left it for us." Entrusted makes more sense though.

Paul wrote:

1. Ghost (but there were nothing supernatural throughout the whole movie, so I doubt it)

2. Elaborate voice recognition AI implanted by the girl's mother. (doesn't make much sense either)

My guess for the password would be a problem caused by the electricity. Maybe it caused a short in the keyboard so she couldn't hit the key? And then another short that actually simulated a key press... meh. It's probably better not to think about it, I don't think they creators have any interesting explanation. Wink
Notoroge

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul wrote:

Or perhaps since it was created by the mother, she implemented a type of AI system that allowed the bot to be sentient and have her personality (a la' Evangelion), so when it saw its "daughter" trying to stop it, it just payed attention.
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OK, that's more interesting.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: