Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Running audio in your java applet.
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
BladeOfDeath

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:42 pm   Post subject: Running audio in your java applet.

I have a game code working from my class, but I want to spiff it up with some audio. I have .mid files composed specifically for it.

Anyway, first I want to ask how to get audio working because I can't seem to do it for the code, just a sample code (including an import statement) would work using "Sample.mid" as the sample audio track. Just a standard play, I can work in all the buttons and stuff.

Oh and if the .mid files don't work, is there anyway to convert them into a suitable file for java. A name of a program and file to convert to would be good, because I've tried converting to .aiff files before and it still didn't play.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
BladeOfDeath

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I also have .wav files I would like to convert into .au

Does anyone know a program in which I can convert files properly to .au for the use of running it on java applets.

This is very important, so a reply would be appreciated.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Do a google search for something like:
"sound .wav to .au converter". or maybe try without the "sound" - you get the idea.

Sorry, but I don't know how to add sound in Java.
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This program can convert back and forth between AU and WAV: http://www.gold-software.com/FairStarsAudioConverter-file4178.html

As far as I know, the standard Java library only has support for WAV, AU, and AIFF.
BladeOfDeath

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I tried that bit of software and it appears that it doesn't convert between them, in the trial at least, and I'm a little too job-less to pay for it. So I was wondering if there was any guide anyone knows about for converting audio files so that I don't get the usual error with my audio. Something that could teach specifics like what bit-rate and file type to use.
Spartan_117

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I "bought" Nero 6 and it has a converter that converts almost any format. I also "bought" Sony Sound Forge which does this aswell. U should "buy" it as well.. lol Laughing
BladeOfDeath

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Come on, as a programmer and avid internet-user, I am entitled... nay responsible for downloading pirated software. I mean... No, that's illegal.
Spartan_117

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, well IF thats the case, just please, for your sake, dont buy Norton AntiVirus. Its a rip off.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, a lot of programs are just insanely priced. Only companies could reasonably afford things like Maya (3d graphics program) for something like $6000.
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Mm, not just companies. I used to say the same thing -- I couldn't imagine who would pay the liscence fee for Photoshop (over $1000). Until a friend of mine who is a professional graphics artist says that you make that back in one or two assignments. And its really not worth it to risk an audit and be caught with an illegal copy.

But for hobbyists, yeah, its definetly too expensive. Which is why I think the anti-piracy on these things is so slack -- its good business. You keep it lax enough so that interested people can get used to it, learn it, enjoy it, so that when they enter the professional field and cannot afford to pirate anymore (audits), then they are sure to go buy your product first.
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: