Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Ugh. Now problems running...
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Aziz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:01 pm   Post subject: Ugh. Now problems running...

Okay, well I made this program to store information about characters for my lovely ladyfriend (shes a writer) (I still haven't solved one problem but it's a small error and i wanted to show her it) and I downloaded the JRE5 while i was at her house tonight, and I downloaded update 4 (i have JDK5 update 2) to run it, then sent it to her tonight, and it's not running Shocked it gives her a "main method not found" error. also, i tried running the jarthrough JSmooth but it gives me a compilation null error, something like that. Anyone know ANYTHING that could help? here's the EXACT file i sent her:

EDIT: Attachment removed, updated & finished version added to submissions!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Spartan_117

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

look at my topic, i get the exact same error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: main
Aziz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:30 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, thats the exact error :'(

EDIT: No, my problem isn't the same as yours Sad The program runs on my computer! The jar and everything!

EDIY: nevemind, WEE IT'S FIXED
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Spartan_117 wrote:
look at my topic, i get the exact same error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: main

hey i've experienced such issues with windows lately.. the way i fixed it was fixing the permissions issues on the jar file.. that could be ur problem.. give ur self read and execute privileges.
Aziz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The problem was that my girlfriend (who was trying to run it) had jre 1.4 installed...i had downloaded jave 5 re but it didnt get installed Sad her stupid sister said she was installing it but she was installing Java Web Start. So I had my girlfriend install JRE 5 Razz But thanks for the help Very Happy
Spartan_117

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Im pretty sure i hav read and write permissions cuz im the administrator, but how would u check anyways?
rizzix

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

right click the jar file? click the security tab?
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: