Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Compsci V3: Suggestions
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:00 pm   Post subject: Compsci V3: Suggestions

Got any suggestions/ideas?
POST IT OVER HERE DAMMIT o.O <- ha

Alright, this is the "official" anit-aoi o.O (jk) topic for the compsci v3 suggestions, ideas and whatever else.

Post here what you would like to see, improve, be added and etc..

Don't go off topic because i'll del any thread even slightly off topic Rolling Eyes indeed I will.

So yeah,
EnJoY.

[ This will also be used to discuss some sutff like the layouts and etc ]
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Drakain Zeil wrote:
Does anyone have suggestions for this text? I made it in a short time, not very inspired at the moment Razz.
(note: There will be background, and all sorts of other stuff. The design will flow into other parts of the page).

I uploaded it to my DA scraps, save space here and such. I'll be uploading all works in progress there incase anyone was wondering.

Link:
http://www.deviantart.com/view/19944030/
Rite now, it's a 90kb png, 500x200. That will also change.
MihaiG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[mod=amailer]Die...[/mod]
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:38 pm   Post subject: Re: Compsci V3: Suggestions

Amailer wrote:
"official" anit-aoi...

Well, at least you didn't typo "official." Smile
I think I suggested blogs before... could be something useful to spend bits on. And it'd be semi-cool to have something to use like the developer journals on gamedev.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well since we are atleast making an attempt to make it in Ruby... just install every available package Wink typo, redcloth, etc.
Drakain Zeil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:29 pm   Post subject: Re: Compsci V3: Suggestions

Coutsos wrote:
I suggested blogs before... could be something useful to spend bits on. And it'd be semi-cool to have something to use like the developer journals on gamedev.
Another forum that I goto does this, actually.

The people there, some use it often, some use it passive, some never use it because they just make a thread on whatever's on their mind (note: it's got several general topic forums, so there's more room for discussion than one off-topic forum over here).

Anyway, I sent this in a PM about this topic:

Quote:
So, I'm thinking darks...
Green, red on shades of black. A bit of blue perhaps.
I find that dark colours are easier to look at for long times on forums.

I'm thinking a nice mix of curves and lines...
So, the title bar, section dividers, and such things would be curves and slight waves, while post boxes and such would be inside of interestingly defined lines.
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

What are the 'developments' on the site layout/suggestions/coding?
SPEAK...
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Muted colors, and minimize the blue. Smile

For hints, check out the Gnome Human Interface Guidelines' color palette. Or, you know, just look at an Ubuntu screenshot. Wink

And dark text on a light background. The other way around may seem easier on the eyes, but it's not.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Drakain Zeil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, besides that text there, I've got nothing, I'm taking my computer out for a bit... changing my distro to debain. I've backed up all of my stuff, including that text or anything else I've forgot that I may have done... More importantly, tomorrow, at around 12 I would think, I won't have any access to the net until I have set up my new distro. So I won't be able to update for an unknown (hopeful that it will be within 36 hours...) period of time.
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Okay, here's what I'm going to do: a webdesign contest. In this thread. Post ideas for what the new website should look like.

Rules:
1. These can be any form viewable by me, be it a functional website (or section thereof), a button, something drawn in paint or photoshop. Flash and stuff is cool too...anything...really...

2. It has to be your own work.

I'll give bits to each submission, and maybe a little extra to the really nice ones. Expect at least 100 bits for a decent entry.
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Other things you need to make sure when your making the layout...

1. Layout must build in such a way that it can be split up in header, body and footer (Dan wants it that way)
  2. Images are not too large so that the page can load quicker
  3. Color... you know, what wtd said
  4. Compatibility with most browsers (Prob...Opera, Firefox, IE and some Linux and Mac Browsers... iunno just make sure it works

o.O hehe
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Also it has to be easy to intergrete with the code for the templates. So have good coding style whould be nice in your html and style sheets whould be very very very helpfull.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

If it only works in IE or Firefox or something, that's okay. We just want ideas. Make it look cool.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Alright, here are some ideas.

1. Limit smilies per post to around 3 unless you have [insert number] amount of posts.
2. Ratings on submissions. Then you could have something like, if [person] has a submission rating of above [number] then they can have [amount] of bits and/or [amount] of extra upload space.
3. Report spam feature?
4. Possibly something like, what knowledge this person has on what lanuage. Only mods can input to this, just so we know how much experience and/or skill someone has in the various languages.
5. More moderators Very Happy
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't think we need more moderators in general, just more active moderators (clone wtd, he's doing this already) for inactive forum sections. Maybe that will help them get active. Besides many a time I log in, I see half the people on being moderators, sometimes 3/5 Laughing
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 6  [ 90 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: