Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

What time of day would suit you best?
(No ending time set)
Day (10am-12pm)
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Afternoon (12pm-6pm)
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Evening (6pm-10pm)
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
Night (10pm or later)
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 21

Delos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:41 pm   Post subject: 84

This website wrote:

Most users ever online was 84 on Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:12 am

This was far too long ago. We need to break this record.
To this effect:

Come one, come all, come ye to teh interweb at compsci! Why? For the hell of it, just to show that this place can rally and get something done...Laughing.
We need at least 85 people for this, but the more the merrier. Friday evening would be a good time (EST). Check the poll for times.

If we get enough response, this can happen [does happy dance]. If Friday is not good, post a better date.
Damn, dual polls aren't offered here! Bah.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if I remember correctly, there was a snow storm that covered most of the province... soo.... yea Razz
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ummmm, that 84 toke out the site and got it shut down for a week if i rember corectly and part of thos 84 where poeleop/bots atacking the site witch did not help much Rolling Eyes

But you are free to try, just let me know when u set a date......
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Delos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You think the server could handle 85+ connections, no bots in there? Hmm...never thought about the logistical side before...we'll try anyway!
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'll write an article about a breakthrough in teaching computer science to highschool students with a link to compsci and then post it on Slashdot. Think it'd work? I'm sure the regulars would love to have an outlet for all those "lol now their server is burning" comments that they've been holding in for the last day and a half.

None of those times are really good for me, at the moment, but don't let that stop you. (it's not like there are any other places where you can break a record for most users at once)
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Heh, most users ever. You mean when everyone comes here to have their compsci FP's done on the last day? Smile

Still, seeing as how usually 6 people is the most I see on at once these days... I highly doubt we will break 20 if everyone tries.

But, we can all go on irc!
person

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

exactly wat happened on the day of 84??
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
Ummmm, that 84 toke out the site and got it shut down for a week if i rember corectly and part of thos 84 where poeleop/bots atacking the site witch did not help much Rolling Eyes

It was not all real people. The site probably just made it to some popular search engine or some well used site, and there was a wave of bots of something? Sadly, this forum just isnt at that scale yet.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

person wrote:
exactly wat happened on the day of 84??

The war of the google bots

Why is it that this site has had so many wars for a "peace full" turing site?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
Why is it that this site has had so many wars for a "peace full" turing site?

1984 by George Orwell wrote:
War is Peace

Besides, wars are now outlawed. So lets say we've had "armed conflicts" Laughing
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Tony wrote:

Besides, wars are now outlawed. So lets say we've had "armed conflicts" Laughing

I perfur "police actactions" my self.........

Edit: Tho you could say that we librated them Wink
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it felt good when I liberated the dude's shoes. What? Shocked they were being opressed.
md

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, and I've liberated many a sign from it's torturous existance atop a sing post...
Delos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[sigh] 15 votes so far...press on!
Neo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Dont you think it would be better to try something like this when the hordes of turing noobs come this september?
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 24 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: