Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Neat programs, not all mine though
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
slytherz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:27 am   Post subject: Neat programs, not all mine though

take a look and let me know what you think

Many Programs Not all mine though,.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Many Programs Not all mine though,.zip
 Filesize:  184.21 KB
 Downloaded:  175 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Looks like you're interested in programming, given the fact that you've posted several programs (I'm assuming at least a few are yours). There are better ways to do lots of those programs, however. For example, instead of using delays while the user reads text, use a bit of code like this:
code:

loop
     exit when hasch()
end loop

If need be, you can put an Input.Flush before that loop.
Also, instead of using
code:
get varName

where varName is a variable of type string, use
code:
get varName : *

This allows strings that contain spaces to be stored in varName. Otherwise, everything after the space is left in the input buffer.
Also, try looking into error-trapping. For example, if you're asking for an integer and I input "qr7", the program will crash. Find a way to prevent that. (loops are good here. So is getch)

If you want to learn more of the fundamentals of programming, check out the Turing Walkthrough.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: