Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Space Battle
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Matt_872000

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:23 am   Post subject: Space Battle

Here is my space battle game. I have a few days until the deadline. If you find any bugs or if you have any suggestions let me know!

SpaceBattle.zip
 Description:
Space Battle!

Download
 Filename:  SpaceBattle.zip
 Filesize:  386.92 KB
 Downloaded:  718 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

It's pretty good, especially the motion of the "spaceships", the intro and everything is nice.

Two things I would fix.

1. If you click on the intro the game crashes. If you press "enter" on the intro it skips to the game.

2. You should make the direction in which you are shooting in more obvious.
Matt_872000

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
1. If you click on the intro the game crashes. If you press "enter" on the intro it skips to the game.

I have not run into this problem myself. I just double checked and it does nothing when I hit enter and it skips the intro when I click. If anyone else runs into the problem, please let me know.

Quote:
2. You should make the direction in which you are shooting in more obvious.

How do you suggest I do this? I would post the code, but I am to submit it for my final project soon.. Do you mean having some sort of front to the ship? Some guns sticking out or something?

Thanx alot for the suggestions!!
ssr_three

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I just played ur game, its very nice, and yes, make the direction of the ship more obvious would be nice, make a front adn a back,
gj anyways
Very Happy
Matt_872000

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanx, I'm not sure how I'm going to do it, but I think I am going to add guns to the "front" of the ship. I kinda liked the idea of the flying saucer... lol
Matt_872000

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm handing it in tommorrow, I'll let everyone know what mark I get Razz
Token

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you could have a line going from the center of the circle to the outer edge where ur shooting, that way u keep the saucer shape
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: