Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Tic-Tac-Toe(UNBEATABLE COMPUTER IF YOU WIN TELL ME!)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

People, do you realize that tic-tac-toe is such a shallow game that if the two players are not idiots and are moderately careful it will always be a tie game? Although it is a good place to start learning searching algorithms like min-max, it's not the place to be arguing about who can beat who.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dont think you would need alpha beta pruning to cut off some nodes from the search trees because the possible outcomes is less. I think a search depth of 2 would be enough in the first 2-4 moves. Then we have really less left over moves taht the comp could calculate in 2 seconds, even with turing no more than 3 seconds.

I second Gandalf's idea.
Keerigan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:21 pm   Post subject: Sorry

Crying or Very sad I am very sorry that this code is not to what most of u are used to seeing on this site. But i was only doing this for a grade 10 final project and wanted to but it on this site so that when the computers at my school were erased i could easily come to this site and get it back(i did not have the internet at this time so i could not send it to myself). At the same time as being able to get it back i could also see if in fact i had made the ai unbeatable. I did not think that there would be this much camotion. I did read some of ur posts so here are a few answers u may be looking for. I do not know what those "user tags" are. I am new to this site and did not see how to attach pic(but it is very easy to do). as i said earlier i was doing this for a final project and i was told to make the pc unbeatalbe. i have already made it possible to have eaither player go first(u can too just change to coding) and as far as i kno u still will not be able to beat it. the ai does go for the win, it just does not set out to do so, it just makes sure that u don't win after checking that if it can win. again i am cery sorry about the inconvineance(can't really spell) but again plz tell me the way that u have beatten the ai if u have done so(lol i made a beat with a friend) Very Happy
Clayton

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

as said in many of the before posts, its not hard to make an "unbeatable" computer, just a simple implementation of the min-max algorithm would fix you right up (as stated before), however, posting in a nearly 9 month old topic is something that is generally frowned upon here, but seeing as it is your own topic it might not be so bad for you, but if you do it in someonwe elses topic mods might not be so forgiving Embarassed

consider this a warning

(CMON AUTO-LOCK!)
ag23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:56 pm   Post subject: Re: Tic-Tac-Toe(UNBEATABLE COMPUTER IF YOU WIN TELL ME!)

hey....uhhhh am kind of a noob at this turing stuff, and i was jsut wondering how do i get the images to apper on the game? and everytime i run it and click on the game it stops...thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: