Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Another RPG Starter
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Drake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:42 pm   Post subject: Another RPG Starter

This one is a little different than the one posted in this section earlier. This one doesn't have any of the picking classes stuff. In fact, it doesn't have any classes yet at all. Or monsters or skills or attacks or anything like that. I'm still working on those slowly. What it -does- have, though, is a completely integrated health and mana system. That is, you have complete control over the character's health and mana through the use of buttons/whatever you want (I only have buttons in here right now, haven't gotten around to putting anything else in). Best of all, it's -really- well commented so you can easily look at it and figure out what is going on. Just be careful about where you place the files. I have the Pc.tu file in a different folder, labeled 'RPG Class Files'. If you want to change that and have the Pc.tu file in the same place as the actual game file, simply make this change:

code:
import var Pc in "RPG Class Files/Pc.tu",

changes to...
code:
import var Pc in "Pc.tu",
(All that stuff is right at the top of the RPGNew.t file, in case you can't find it.Smile)

I think this would be good for new programmers or those who don't have a complete grasp on how everything works (like me, for example). Anywho, enough blabbering. Here are the programs!

And yes, you do need both files, in case anybody was wondering.

Pc.tu
 Description:
This is the file that contains -only- the health and mana procedures/functions. There are manyof them, but the names of them should be a dead giveaway as to what they do. If not, the comments should do it.

Download
 Filename:  Pc.tu
 Filesize:  9.11 KB
 Downloaded:  229 Time(s)

RPGNew.t
 Description:
The actual game file. When the game gets going, this is the file that the user will start up to have the game run.

Download
 Filename:  RPGNew.t
 Filesize:  5.16 KB
 Downloaded:  204 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 1 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: