Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Free iPods! Anyone do this stuff?
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
RaPsCaLLioN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:42 pm   Post subject: Free iPods! Anyone do this stuff?

So.. browsing ebaumsworld.com one day (well today actually) I notice a banner.. "Shoot an iPod and win one for free!" Since I was bored of watching people get hurt I decided to take aim. I was directed to www.freeipods.com. After doing some research I find out this is totally legit! You sign-up... follow a link to another advertising offer, follow through or cancel after completing the offer, and then get 5 referrals of people to do the same. Once this is completed they send you an iPod! Totally free! You can do a search on google and find multiple websites tooting the legitimacy.

So... who wants to follow this link and help me get a free iPod?

http://www.freeiPods.com/
[mod:45ed6f522d]I'm just guessing here but I'm pretty sure referalls are not allowed, for obvious reasons.[/mod:45ed6f522d]

Follow that link and you'll be one of my referrals Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Notoroge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I think it's only available in the United States. In case you live there, go right ahead. But be warned that somewhere around only %10 - %20 of people that go through this process ever get their iPod. And you still have to invest some money (~$50 buying offers, maybe more). But in the end, you still get your free iPod.
RaPsCaLLioN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I live outside the United States. May I participate in this offer?
Good news for residents of the UK and Canada! www.freeiPods.com is now available to residents of the United Kingdom and Canada. Residents of the United Kingdom and Canada are now welcome to join and complete offers on www.freeiPods.com.

At this time, www.freeiPods.com is the ONLY website that allows residents of the United Kingdom and Canada to join and complete offers.

All websites (with the exception of www.freeiPods.com) only allow US residents to participate. Anyone living outside the US may NOT join, or complete offers. Anyone who joins outside the US and attempts to have a product delivered to a US address is in violation of our terms & conditions.

We limit users to US only because our advertising partners often do not provide their services outside the US, and only pay us for US residents.

This is right off the freeipods.com website. Canada can participate in Gratis' iPod offer only. Not any of their other offers like free flat screen TVs.

And. I signed up for the Columbia House offer. No payment is made. They ship the DVDs and then you have so many days to cancel and return the package. So I pay for shipping... Big Deal!
Notoroge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I didn't say Columbia House was a bad deal. I'm actually subscribed to it. I'm specifically talking about www.FreeiPods.com
You'll see in due time.
betaflye

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Basic pyramid scam, you sign up sell out so many of your friends to offers and recieve a "reward". No thanks.
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

We should just lock such topcis so that people won't get trapped in these crappy spam thing -.- damm you all!
RaPsCaLLioN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

This is the kind of skepticism that prevents you from getting a free iPod. Razz

..But if everyone is against then let me know and I'll remove first post.
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

or because I have tried it and it did happne? hence the "damm you all" Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
RaPsCaLLioN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Did you try FreeiPods.com? If so what happened? Give me some feedback here...
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Spam... email...spamming (yes, i know I should have used an email that im not using) and i didn't win anything Confused anyhow alll bs.
RaPsCaLLioN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well you didn't complete what your were supposed to do then.

I'll post pictures when I get my iPod.
lyam_kaskade

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Now, call me crazy, but it occurs to me that anyone in the business of giving away free ipods would end up going broke quite quickly. Which leads me to one of two conclusions:
1. They're lying. or
2. There's some horrible catch.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Not necessarily, if everyone EVENTUALLY gets an ipod, they can earn money through the pyramid scheme quite easily to cover all their expenses. The thing is, I myself have witnessed pyramid schemes in action before, the people who join up early DO get money, if your further up enough, you can earn lots of money. The thing is, but the time ti gets really popular, the masses of people joining in won't get squat Razz
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nothing in this world is free anymore Crying or Very sad

Personally, anything like this I ever see, I ignore and forget about within the next 15 seconds.
RaPsCaLLioN

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

This is not a pyramid scheme. In a pyramid the earlier you join, the MORE profit you make on those beneath you. This is and advertising chain. Certain companies (ie. Columbia House) pay freeipods.com to advertise for them. FreeiPods.com uses this money for the iPods to promote their site. So initially to some people.. giving away iPods sounds crazy. But the amount that this site makes from the advertisers far exceeds the amount they spend on iPods.

Do a search on google and check for testimonials if you don't believe.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 34 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: