Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 MS DOS looking turing!!
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
gohan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:13 am   Post subject: MS DOS looking turing!!

Does anyone have the MS DOS looking turing??(The really old one), the reason i ask is because I would like to here of some of the cool proggies people made with it....me, I have made a program that uses parrellel ports to control street lights, and RC cars....can anyone beat that..lol(prolly eh?)

Anyways, lets hear it, or even show it if you can(want)!!!

One last question, Can you use parrellel ports in Turing 4.0 and better??[/code]
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've never put it to practice, but I'm certain you can access the parallel port in the newer versions of Turing. As for finding the old version, check around at school. Or even try contacting Holtsoft. They can't have anybody willing to buy something that old and might be willing to give you a freeware copy.

I guess, maybe, whatever.
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Il post the pics , after i take them on monday.
We Took 2 Computers , Networked Them With a Printer Cable In Turing And Wrote A network 3d Tic Tac Toe game , with options for host and join. Id Sat That Tops It Very Happy Very Happy .

Final Engineering project : We Built An Elevator That Was Controled By A Turing App, You COuld Choose What Floor And Such, All Parrallel Cable.
md

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I too did a traffic light control program; threaded and stuff too. But the neat part was that I got to design my own hardware for it, so I had complete control over everything.

It's nice when other people manage to control 1 traffic light using all the outputs on the parallel port and you control 15 using only 6 of the 8 pins Very Happy
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Heh, yeah - I learned Turing on the "msdos looking" one. I still have it. Till fairly recently I didn't even know there was a new version of Turing.

I don't know... at that time I was still mostly in the 'learning' stages'. If I remember correctly, I sortof made a brute-force password cracker with it, but you had to input the password on Turing Wink.
axej

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cornflake, would you mind sending me the code since your already through with it? ill still have to wire the lights myselfthough Confused
md

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I wish I could; however due to technical issues I lost my copy, and the school was stupid enough to lose teh copy I gave them. I don't think it would have helped you anyways unless your comfortable with threading models; mutexes, and all sorts of funky things like that. I can give you a good idea how the hardware worked though; it was very ingenious Very Happy
axej

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

forget it i've got this nifty elevator thing working now. Razz
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
md

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Cool, sorry I didn't get back to you with the hardware bit... work got the best of me. Plus I gotta redesign it from memory Razz

Got any pictures of hte elavator?
axej

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i'll try to get one to you once i finish it.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: