Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [FP] X-Treme Pong - Vote in the Poll!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

How would you rate my game?
(No ending time set)
Amazing!!
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Very Good
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Good
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Pretty Good
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
O.K.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Pretty Bad
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Really Bad
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

mike200015

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:07 pm   Post subject: [FP] X-Treme Pong - Vote in the Poll!

This is my grade 10 computers FP, just finished it last week. Its X-Treme Pong, a combo game with pong and blockout. Check it out, post your comments about it here, and vote in the poll!

Mikes FP.zip
 Description:
Mikes X-Treme Pong FP, exe and highscore files.

Download
 Filename:  Mikes FP.zip
 Filesize:  303.75 KB
 Downloaded:  270 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This belongs in the Turing Applications forum.
I think it could use some more pace. Everything is too slow, simple, and therefore boring.
Perhaps you could allow the user to enter a difficulty that will correspond to speeds. Also, one thing I did with my first pong game was add spins. (It actually wasn't spins, I wasn't that advanced then. Wink I just allowed the user to push the ball a little left or a little right, depending on the keys pressed.) That kind of thing adds some element of skill to the game. As it is, the basic pong game is all about defence; there is nothing the players can do to affect the path of the ball. I think a pong game that allows some offensive tactics is much, much better.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I agree with Cervantes, go look up battle pong or somthing on miniclip. I thought that pong game was pretty interesting.

But your block out game was well put together. Ah the days of helping you put that together. . . hot sweaty library computers . . . anyways, good job on that.

+ 20 Bits
Wink
mike200015

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol yea.. thnx for ur help wit that.. and Cervantes!.. i dunno if im gonna really change the game tho.. cuz im done with turing so.. i might later.. thnx for the tips. Very Happy
mike200015

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Can one of the MOD's move this topic to the Turing Application forum for me plz Smile
FeZbOy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Not to nag or nething, but if the ball and paddle are the same colour, the computer can't identify between the ball and the paddle. The ball goes through the paddle and the opposit player gets the point, or the ball doesnt even launch. If you don't understand me, play the game and make both ball and paddle red, and see what i mean. I suggest making it so that the person cannot make the ball and paddle the same colour.

Just a suggestion. You dont have to do any thing about it!!
Naveg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

remember mikes i told you about that problem once and you said you fixed it....lol. Just make the RGB value one off so that a person cant tell but the computer can
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey, i think the game is great but.. it gets long and boring, I think you should decrease the amount of points needed to advance to the next lvl. Also, make it faster, its cool to have it super fast . hehehehehehee no one could play. Now that will be addicting. Also, increase the AI lvl, las level is pretty easy to beat if you know the strategy.

-> Go to the left then click up arrow.
-> The ball should go in the right corner.
-> The computer will return it so that the ball will bounce on the right side of the wall.
-> Wait there for the ball, and slightly touch it, it will go in the top left and you will score a point because the computer is still not fast enough to catch it.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mike200015

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i set the RGB colour to a different 1 for the ball and paddle, u can see that in the game, mayb its just the .exe version, cuz when i play the .t version and choose the same colour then it works fine, the ball doesnt go thru or nething.

EDIT -- I jus played the .exe version.. and chose the same colour paddle and ball, and it works fine for me.
PhOtO!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The game's pretty good... i like it

I'm also making a tabletennis game, and i'm just looking around on some pong posts to see what they used to make the computer hit the ball sometimes and not sometimes.

Can u please tell me how u did that..
thanks
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Vladimir wrote:
remember mikes i told you about that problem once and you said you fixed it....lol. Just make the RGB value one off so that a person cant tell but the computer can

whatdotcolour does not return red, green, and blue components. Rather, it returns the colour ID of the window it is working in closest to what it sees at the sepcified pixel. Changing one of the RGB components by 1 will not be noticable by us, OR the computer. Unless, of course, you modified your window's colours to be very precise shades of the colours you needed. Thinking That's getting unnecessarily complicated though.

Photo!: basic pong AI moves the paddle up if the ball's y is > the paddle's y, or down if the ball's y < the paddle's y. Or everything could be in terms of x's if you've got the game going the other way.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: