Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Visuals In C++
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
AnubisProgrammer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:21 pm   Post subject: Visuals In C++

Alright, I'm fairly new to programming. I'm in a grade 11 programming class at the moment in my school and I excel in it. I've got the basics and some of the advanced ideas we deal with. But it's all in win32 consol apps and our teacher isn't going into any visuals yet. I was wondering if anyone could give me a quick idea of how to use the visuals in C++. Much appreciated, thanks.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Welcome aboard Smile But, just for the record, we have specialized forums for most of the languages that are taught in high schools, particularly in Canada. In this case, there is a special C++ forum, which probably has a tutorial or question about this already.

Bienvenue a Compsci.ca Very Happy
md

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

And posting in both the relavent category, and only once is good too Wink
betaflye

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Your teacher is right to start off with console programming first, don't add the complexities of graphical programming before you've mastered programing in a text based environment.
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

betaflye wrote:
Your teacher is right to start off with console programming first

And should be commended for resisting the siren call of graphics.
AnubisProgrammer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

obviously start with basic console programming first, but some people in the class have already moved past him. So yes, he should start with basics, he should also be able to give us assignments for visuals and start to teach some of us that are ready
wtd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Why do you feel you have to wait for your teacher? Read some tutorials here (and the appended comments) and see how far you can get.
AnubisProgrammer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't normally wait for him. Normally I do exactly that, come on sites like this and find new things to do. I appreciate all the info you guys have, I learn more here then in class.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jamonathin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, as sad as it is sometimes, I have learned a great deal more from this website than I would have ever learned in class. All my compsci teacher does is fix gr. 11 programs during our class, and he calls me over when he's stuck. And im not even that good Razz
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: