Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Need a new mouse
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

What Kind of Mouse Should I Get?
(No ending time set)
Fancy Wireless
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Fancy Wired
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
Plain old simple cheapo mouse
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

Naveg

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:41 pm   Post subject: Need a new mouse

I need a new mouse. Is it worth shelling out for a fancy one like the logitech MX510? Also should i got wireless or not? What does everyone think about this, and what are your recommendations.

I'm looking for a reasonable combination of comfort and lifespan (this MS optical mouse only lasted a year).
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
md

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wireless mice are great for gaming because you don't need to worry abotu the cord getting stuck or anything; the only draw back is that you need to make sure the batteries don't die and that the signal get's through to the receiver
Martin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've got a Logitech MX700 (wireless mouse).

I really like it. Downside is that the (rechargeable) batteries last for only 2 - 3 days, and it can be annoying to lose charge for an hour or so.
1of42

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bes mouse ever: MX518. 'nuff said.
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dunno... I'm really liking my mouse (was actually cheaper when I got it). I've killed many reborn with this thing. Looks cool, gets the job done.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, coutsos' mouse look pretty good. Cuz the battery thing will really start to get to you, and if you're really worried about the mouse cord interfering with your gameplay, work on your gameplay, lol. Cuz you dont need to go crazy enough to have the cord mess with yas.
JackTruong

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm using the MX500, not the best mouse out there, but it's probably the best for the price (when I got it anyway, which was $15 thanks to FutureShop).
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OK, so what, in your opinions, makes a mouse like the MX5000 or whatever better than any other optical mouse?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
1of42

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 6:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

They're very smooth; tehir tracking engine is very good; and, in the case of the MX518, it has a 1600 DPI resolution, making the movements that much smooter.

Plus, it feels good, is reliable, and has lots of extra buttons for binding weapons etc. Very Happy
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 7:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

My mouse, I believe, is 800 dpi. Have you ever seen choppy motion with that level of resolution? Smooth like butter over here.

Feels good: hell yes. And well built. It doesn't have the "sticker" kind of pads on some mice that just fall of or get covered in gunk, this thing just glides on my mouse pad.

I've gotta say, the only thing I can find about this mouse that I don't like is the colour. I could take it off (the buttons and cover are one piece) and paint it, but it doesn't actually bother me enough to go to any effort.

Left, right, and a wheel is all I need button-wise.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: