Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 UWaterloo!
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
brenn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:
It's about $100 and it runs the week before classes start. Here's a pro/con list:

http://www.mathnews.uwaterloo.ca/Issues/mn7503/procon.html

There is nobody who did it who regrets doing it, but I've heard quite a few people say "I wish I'd done frosh week"

I didn't frosh. But I'm anti-social so that's just me. I missed out on... a yellow hard-hat, a t-shirt, a screw driver; and a keychain that I eventually managed to buy anyway. I do want the hard-hat though...

But I do believe I've heard something about the $100 being addendumed into the main tuition fees, and/or eliminating them altogether some how--but I don't remember when or where I read this, so I guess assuming it's $100 would be safe.

Still, it's $100 for a bunch of small memento items, some tours of the campus--and to meet people (which you're going to do ANYWAY...) so it's really up to you if you wanna frosh. Some of my friends did just for the experience, and some other friends (and myself included) didn't just because we didn't really think the activies were really worth going to. And believe me, you're going to skip out on some of the frosh stuff.

I know upper years who become frosh leaders or otherwise get their hands on frosh wrist bands so that they can attend and participate in certain events.

So.. it goes both ways Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
md

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

If your a mathie and you don't do frosh you don't get your tie. And then you can't be a true mathie.

And sure; it's mostly just meeting peole which you'd do anyways; and getting tours of the campus (kinda). But it's a great way to become comfortable in your new surroundings. When you're surrounded by people who are equally nervous, and equally un-adjusted to university it's much easier to become comfortable (or at least it was for me and thoe I know).

And not that I would ever recomend something like drinking Wink but having a floor party; or maybe one a night for frosh week is a great way to get to know everyone... I recomend avoiding strip poker though... well; unless you're good at poker Razz
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 4  [ 47 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: