Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 C++ or Java
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:49 pm   Post subject: C++ or Java

Hi, I have completed a course of Turing and i was wondering what to learn next, what would be better for me? C++ or Java?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, I posted a topic on this in Turing Help.

http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=6439

C++ is the more interesting by far of the two. Of course, that said, the Chinese are quite wise to make "may you live in interesting times" a curse. Smile

So, in conclusion, you'd be a fool to only consider C++ and Java. There are lots of other languages you can learn much more quickly that will help you. Do not make the mistake of thinking that you can only learn and/or use one programming language at a time, and that you have to commit to just one. Every language has something to teach, if only by teaching you how not to do things.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

kk thanks i think i will try to grasp both of them at the same time slowly Razz I know the basics of java so c++ cant be more hard Laughing
wtd

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

C++ is complicated, is the problem. Keywords can mean different things based on where they're used and such.
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: