Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Bits!
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Notoroge

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:23 pm   Post subject: Bits!

Anyone got 136 bits that they can spare so that I can add a pretty golden glow to my username? Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

psst... contribute something cool... its a quick way to make some bits.. Wink
Notoroge

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

'Ey man, I've been contributing. Sad
I could spam 68 posts. Thinking
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There you go Notoroge Wink I didn't really have much to do with my bits anyhow! enjoy Smile
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hikaru79 wrote:
There you go Notoroge Wink I didn't really have much to do with my bits anyhow! enjoy Smile

that is what i'm afraid of.. i hope v3 actually makes these bits worth something..
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rizzix wrote:
Hikaru79 wrote:

that is what i'm afraid of.. i hope v3 actually makes these bits worth some value..

Indeed. Some ideas would be being able to buy larger avatar/signiature space. The ability to change to custom titles (for bits Smile). Possibilities are really endless.
Notoroge

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hikaru79 wrote:
Heart
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, but you'd lose all of them and more as soon as a mod finds the pile of spam.
Want to write a Turing tutorial on Windows (not the OS, the module), Dir/Sys module, enumerated types, or pointers? If it's good, you'll get plenty of bits. Smile

EDIT: Oh my, four posts while I was typing that?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Why would anyone want there to be bigger avatars/sigs - for longer loading time? To mess up the tables? Why? eh?

How about something useful like hmm larger upload space? *dreams on*...

Maybe someone should start a topic about potential uses for bits? Maybe this one? Very Happy.
md

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bit's for more upload space and a custom title would be cool, dunno how useful it'd all be anyways though.
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
Why would anyone want there to be bigger avatars/sigs - for longer loading time? To mess up the tables? Why? eh?

Well, lots of people would like to have larger avies/sigs, me included. For example, I don't have enough characters to have both an image banner and the IRC channel plug in my siggie, so I opt for the channel plug instead. If I could conserve my bits to get both, I would!

The idea behind CHARGING for it is that not *everybody* will be able to afford it, therefore the overall effect on loading time won't be significant, especially considering that by the time v3 is out and these features are implemented, we'll all be doing 3GB/second Laughing
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, oh ya, I forgot about the character limit, haven't changed my sig in a while... we'll all be doing 3gb a second, but we will all also have thousands of bits Wink

So, any other suggestions on uses of bits? Maybe more priveleges (sp? heh), like less time limit between posts, or the ability to make stickies (lots of bits for that).
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
So, any other suggestions on uses of bits? Maybe more priveleges (sp? heh), like less time limit between posts, or the ability to make stickies (lots of bits for that).

But would you really consider those to be good ideas? Do you think people should be able to post faster than, what, 5 seconds per post? Posts that can be typed up that quickly usually aren't worth reading.
As for stickies... well, you know.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, I dont know, it seems to be a bit higher than that. The only time I have a problem with it is when I am editing a stupid mistake in my post, but it doesn't let me.
As for stickies... ya, I know Very Happy
octopi

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why not just make an image, and the below that add some text in with photoshop that has all your IRC stuff. So its just one image?
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: