Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 POLL, Next Gen Consoles
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Which would you buy?
(No ending time set)
Nintendo Revolution
39%
 39%  [ 11 ]
PlayStation 3
39%
 39%  [ 11 ]
Xbox 360
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 28

Maverick

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:01 am   Post subject: POLL, Next Gen Consoles

http://gr.bolt.com/articles/revolution/revolution.htm

Looks sweet.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Uh already been posted about... but how about we make this topic a poll?
PS3 Here Razz

In pictures: PlayStation 3
In pictures: Revolution
In pictures: Xbox 360
jamonathin

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've always been a nintendo fan, but 360 and PS3 look a lot better than that Dull, slanted revolution, and that hand too perfect, kinda creepin me out.

And Amailer's sites are accessable from school, gj amailer. Smile
wtd

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The 360 and PS3 look like they're trying too hard. Non-functional curves and concavities just don't do it for me anymore, and I think a lot of discriminating geeks in this day and age agree. I also like the color. Shiny black and blue glowing bits. Look at the average home entertainment center. It just makes sense.

I like the fact that there's still an option for wired controllers. Just the way I like VCRs and DVD players with all of the buttons on the front of the player too, so I don't have to worry about having the thing become useless because of a remote crapping out.

I like that the buttons are all in sensible places. I hate fancy electronic gizmos that pack moe processing power than the space shuttle, but make me contort my body in unnatural ways to get to the power button.

I like the lack of hype. Sony and Microsoft are talking about the performance of their consoles as though they're going to bring about world peace, while Nintendo's just trying to build a solid game console.

I like the fact that the price will probably be right. By the time they come out my wife and I will be paying a mortgage and property taxes. I don't want to shell out huge bucks for a console.
lain

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think it is realy too eraly to pick what console you whould buy since we know litte about them or what lauching titiles there will be right now. Tho most likey xbox fans will buy the 360, ps fans will buy the ps3 and nintendo fans will buy the revolution. This is being made even more true now that all of them will be backwords comabital. Tho the revolution will have u download the games for the n64, snes, nes and probly some of the older gameboy games. Hopfully this will be free or a monthy suprciption rather then pay buy game.
md

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:

I hate fancy electronic gizmos that pack more processing power than the space shuttle, but make me contort my body in unnatural ways to get to the power button.

EVERYTHING has more processing power then the space shuttle... it's running on a 386 Razz

I prefer the xbox though, I actually think the lines are cleaner and much nicer then the ps3 or the nintento thing (forgot the name). And from what I understand the xbox controls can be used wired too, or at least they plug in to recharge.
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I like the way the PS3 looks the best. (the white version) If i even buy one, it will be the PS3 or XBox 360. Ive never really like nintendo, none of their games have really appealed to me personally. And the few that have, had better graphics on the PS2 or Xbox.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nintendo is not doing too well right now, especially after the gamecube... Maybe they will get back in there, but I haven't like either the n64 or the gamecube, and I'm not that big a fan on the new Zelda series... I'll hold out there.

People buy XBOX for Halo. I just don't think it's worth getting it if there aren't that many good games out for it. Besides, why make ms happy? Smile

So, I guess taht means I'm going for the PS3 - a good replacement for my PSOne Very Happy. PS systems always have a lot of games, good reputation, and it's also more powerfull than all the others.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:

People buy XBOX for Halo. I just don't think it's worth getting it if there aren't that many good games out for it. Besides, why make ms happy? Smile

Because MS owns, and XBOX has probably the best game line up of any of them so far.
Martin

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't know, I've really enjoyed my XBox, but there're a lot of PS2 games that I'd have really liked to play (namely San Andreas and the Final Fantasy Series).
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

GTA and Final Fantasy are the only games worth playing. Very Happy
lain

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cornflake wrote:

I prefer the xbox though, I actually think the lines are cleaner and much nicer then the ps3 or the nintento thing (forgot the name). And from what I understand the xbox controls can be used wired too, or at least they plug in to recharge.

I find it intresting how you can say the lines are cleaner on the 360 when nintentdo has not realsed any footage to my knogale of there new system and i do not think the 360 has offered enougth to comaper ether........
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes they have...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/4558555.stm

The XBOX has been everywhere too... TIME, and all over the internet, and im sure other sources.
md

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lain wrote:
Cornflake wrote:

I find it intresting how you can say the lines are cleaner on the 360 when nintentdo has not realsed any footage to my knogale of there new system and i do not think the 360 has offered enougth to comaper ether........

I suggest you look at [url=http://www.engadget.com]engadget[url] to see some mighty good pictures, as well as read about all three official unveilings.

Personally I find it interesting that you coulr read the first two posts of this thread without realizing that there WERE pictures EVERYWHERE...
zylum

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ps3 is where its at... im mean *wow*

http://gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1668 (in game footage)
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 27 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: