Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Non-destructive partitioning
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Paul

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:39 pm   Post subject: Non-destructive partitioning

Anyway, my friend has a computer with WIndows ME installed (came with the computer). and I say its absolutely horrible, you can't do anything with it. Is there anyway to perform a non-destructive partition on it and create a dual boot with windows XP?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

partition magic
Paul

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

so this software will allow non-destructive partitioning. and its possible to create a new partition when the primary partition uses the maximum disk space, without any loss of data?
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Partition magic can resize the parition (from free disk space) which can allow you to make another partition from the unused space, I've done it before with no problems
octopi

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You should be able to install windows XP on top of it, in a different directory.

And then modify your boot.ini file to allow it to boot both.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: