Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 The Turing Walkthrough - Beginning to End
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Nick Zettel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:17 pm   Post subject: Re: The Turing Walkthrough - Beginning to End

I had never writen a single line of code in my life untill i took a computers class this year (grade 10). My class was a little slow, and I enjoyed writing code so much, I looked for faster instructions online. I was very pleased when I found this sticky, it is a great beginers guide! Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:25 am   Post subject: Re: The Turing Walkthrough - Beginning to End

Wikified!

http://wiki.compsci.ca/index.php?title=Turing_Walkthrough
theone07

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:40 pm   Post subject: RE:The Turing Walkthrough - Beginning to End

hey guys i really need some help with turing regarding how to write a number conversion program i.e. binary to decimal etc. please help!!!!!!
Insectoid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:04 pm   Post subject: RE:The Turing Walkthrough - Beginning to End

Make your own thread. Show us what you have, where you're at, what you know.
dc116

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:49 pm   Post subject: Re: The Turing Walkthrough - Beginning to End

Wow, there is a Compsci.ca Wiki! Shocked
Srlancelot39

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:41 pm   Post subject: RE:The Turing Walkthrough - Beginning to End

compsci.ca wiki? cool
ScaryRat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:28 pm   Post subject: RE:The Turing Walkthrough - Beginning to End

I never knew Turing could use classes and pointers. thus it is a object oriented compiler?
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:36 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:The Turing Walkthrough - Beginning to End

ScaryRat @ Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:28 pm wrote:
I never knew Turing could use classes and pointers. thus it is a object oriented compiler?

Yes, it is called Object Oriented Turing (the latest version anyways).
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wysper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:08 am   Post subject: RE:The Turing Walkthrough - Beginning to End

ty ty ty for such a wonderful tutorial Very Happy
redsp0t

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:35 pm   Post subject: RE:The Turing Walkthrough - Beginning to End

Thanks I am learning this in school and this guide is really helping me with catching up. Thanks a bunch.
jaywalker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:46 am   Post subject: RE:The Turing Walkthrough - Beginning to End

This is a great guide! Thank you.
Josh_Nguyen2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:17 am   Post subject: RE:The Turing Walkthrough - Beginning to End

Thanks for the guide! My teacher doesn't teach us anything... He tells us to make a program but doesnt tell us how to do it, it's rather confusing but thanks to your guide it really helps Smile
mirhagk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:51 am   Post subject: RE:The Turing Walkthrough - Beginning to End

Yeah most high school courses aren't very well written.

Just out of curiousity, would all of these guides be creative commons licensed? IE can these directly be printed out and distributed as course material?
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:37 pm   Post subject: RE:The Turing Walkthrough - Beginning to End

Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 Canada License as per ToU. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/ca/legalcode.en
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Mohib

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:41 pm   Post subject: Re: The Turing Walkthrough - Beginning to End

Hi, i am making a game for my class project using turing. Basically its going to be a fighter, not to complex since i am short on time. But what i was thinking is like having this guy run through places and enemies randomly appearing in front of him and attacking him. Now the problems i have is that, well first i should tell you that i have gotten him to run back and forth and jump and thats all i have, but what i really need to know is how can i make enemies randomly appear and have him attack them by pressing a key and have them attack back. Any help appreciated. thank you
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 5 of 6  [ 80 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: