Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 JDK Installing Link
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:01 pm   Post subject: JDK Installing Link

Hi, I am new to java and i was searching for compilers and i saw that JCreator is a good one so i dled it. But i need JDK 1.4 installed inorder to Compile the scripts. I saw the links of JDK Download and i came across the 5.0 update only. Can someone post a link for the download. Thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1.4 is available here: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

But I really reccomend you use 1.5. It can be configured to compile as 1.4 anyway -- and Eclipse and Netbeans are great IDE's anyway Very Happy
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

oh thanks, I will try it out right now Smile
wtd

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes. Any IDE that requires 1.4 isn't worth your time.

Also, for what it's worth, they're pretty much all using Sun's Java compiler under the surface, so it's incorrect to refer to them as "compilers".

I highly recommend just using the command-line tools, at least at first.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks, I tried it But everytime i compile a code with JCreator, I get the following error -> "Exception in thread 'main' java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: test"

But the code works fine with "Ready to program java" at my schoo, What do i need to do, I have set up the jdk directories too Sad
wtd

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Show us the exact code you're compiling, and tell us the name of the file it lives in.

A note now, though: The name of a class should match the name of the file. "class Test" should be in a file named "Test,java", for instance.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh ok i attach it.

test.java
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  test.java
 Filesize:  281 Bytes
 Downloaded:  120 Time(s)

Hikaru79

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

First, just a minor convention note -- Class names (and therefore filenames) should be Capitalized. Second, we don't really need the .java file -- we just need to know what commands you're running, and where you're running them from relative to the test.class file.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: