Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 XBox 360 Images Leaked
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:33 am   Post subject: XBox 360 Images Leaked

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/6361.cfm

Looking pretty slick. Apparently the controllers are all wireless, so there are no actual controller ports. Looks pretty slick, I wonder how it'll stand up to the PS3. I'd imagine pretty well: after all, it is 357 better than it Wink. Time...err...E3 will tell.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

That does look pretty slick, actually. I'm still going for PS9 as next best console. Remember the commercials?
/me shuts up now
jamonathin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Why's it called 360 though? It looks cool and sounds good, i juss dont get the whole 360 part
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well you see, the console actually doubles as a snowboard.

Have you seen This is Spinal Tap?
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

jamonathin wrote:
Why's it called 360 though? It looks cool and sounds good, i juss dont get the whole 360 part

The media they'll be using for games ("DVD" as some call it) spins around in a 360 degree circle. Some people are just too cool for radians.

Serious response: I have no clue. From everything I've read over at GameDev.net, I was under the impression that the official name would be XBoxNext or something to that effect.
XBox 360 sounds more like a skateboarding trick than a console. Could this have anything to do with them officially unveiling the new console on MTV?
jamonathin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
The media they'll be using for games ("DVD" as some call it) spins around in a 360 degree circle. Some people are just too cool for radians.
lol, i was actually thinking the same thing, but I think that may actually be right, cuz I saw this:
Quote:
As for the logo of the console, it is described as a simple, round nexus with "Xbox 360" written inside it. Previous rumours had simply the numbers "360" in the disc. This branding tends to suggest that we can expect to see "360" appearing after many game names, as happened with the Nintendo 64.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=7991

And martin, no i haven't seen that one yet, i mite catch it next time...
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

jamonathin wrote:
Coutsos wrote:
lol, i was actually thinking the same thing, but I think that may actually be right, cuz I saw this:
Quote:
As for the logo of the console, it is described as a simple, round nexus with "Xbox 360" written inside it. Previous rumours had simply the numbers "360" in the disc. This branding tends to suggest that we can expect to see "360" appearing after many game names, as happened with the Nintendo 64.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=7991

And martin, no i haven't seen that one yet, i mite catch it next time...

I can see it now...Final Fantasy 360 (Final Fantasy CCCLX). Sadly enough, that wouldn't screw up the numbering system too much...
jamonathin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You know, I'd put money on it that they do make Final Fantasy 360, then it'll be like Final Fantasy 360X or something for the sequel. But actually, probabily not, because isn't final fantasy with PlayStation?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Not sure, licensing usually changes a lot when a new generation of consoles comes out. I know that there're plans for a PSP Final Fantasy title, but otherwise I'm not sure.

Could be.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Or maybe the next Halo is gonna be, Halo 3-60 Thinking
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:
Not sure, licensing usually changes a lot when a new generation of consoles comes out. I know that there're plans for a PSP Final Fantasy title, but otherwise I'm not sure.

Could be.

Well, Microsoft has already bought the designer of the FF series, right? So, maybe not Final Fantasy itself (with a 360 slapped on the end), but I'd be surprised if they didn't make anything very similar to it.

I still think anything with "360" on the end sounds stupid. Somehow I'm reminded of a stupid TV show I once saw, which had Tony Hawk as a guest star for an episode. I think one of his only lines was "Smoking is 360-degrees-in-your-face not cool."
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
I still think anything with "360" on the end sounds stupid.

Alright Dan, this is it! Scrap compsci v3.6.0 and start working on v4.0 Laughing
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

But...but...I thought it was v3.6.1

After all, XBox is our main competitor. Damn them and their domination of the console market. The Compscidor 64 will forever remain a lost treasure.
Blade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
The media they'll be using for games ("DVD" as some call it) spins around in a 360 degree circle...

thats not entirely true, they may be using blu-ray discs.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm sure that's a possibility. I actually never look into system specs much considering the chances of me buying a console are pretty slim. The 360 degrees thing was just a joke.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: