Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Code hiding
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
apomb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:54 pm   Post subject: Code hiding

kk, heres my question: is code hiding, using header files, implementation files and interface files a "necessary" way of programming ... because im pretty sure there are other ways of writing code without hiding it all in implementation files if not, well, then i guess i can adapt my thinking, but if so, why the hell dont they teach it in school?? my teacher thinks he has the answers but there just not good enough to appease my suspicions ... thanks in advance (wtd probly)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Use header files and implementation files where appropriate. Header files (*.h) do not contain executable code. Type declarations, class interfaces, global variables, and forward declarations of functions belong in header files. Also, "implementation" of templated functions and class members belong in header files, since a template itself doesn't constitute executable code in C++.

Everything else should go in an implementation file (*.c).

Always remember to use #ifndef #define ... #endif to protect your header files against multiple includes.
apomb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

aahh, thank you for clearing that up for me ... i am aware of the #ifndef, #define ... #endif in header files. Alright, i understand the whole process now... it was just my teachers explanation of "code hiding" and how it is how "they" all do it now.
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: