Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Fun Mouse Game
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Vertico

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:12 pm   Post subject: Fun Mouse Game

i just made a fun little game cuz i had nothing else 2 do.

The coding isnt perfectly error proofed so expect something to go wrong now or then.

basicly go over the multi-colored ovals to gain points and if you go over a black square then the game will end.

P.S. When ever it asks for you to push any key to return to main menu push any key once, wait a few secs and push it again to go through.

Fly-By.zip
 Description:
Game,Sounds,HighScore

V 1.2 (lol)

Download
 Filename:  Fly-By.zip
 Filesize:  274.23 KB
 Downloaded:  262 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Flikerator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Very good, I liked it Razz

If you want some ideas to improve it just say so. Or if you want to drop us the source code then it will be allll gooood Wink
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Not bad - its good to see people are in a game-making mood these days (not mentioning virus' and hacks Neutral).

I would find some way of increasing the speed between games, and make the different colours of ovals worth different amounts. It should also say the score you got at the end...

High Score: 410

It gets pretty fast later on Shocked .

*Adds to folder or recent simple but addicting Turing games...*
Flikerator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I quit after about....200 to make the post Smile
Vertico

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

okay i updated it so now it adds random amount to your score (1 to 20)
and it tells you your score at the end.

Im open to any other ideas
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Updated High Score: 561
Newest High Score: 1130

1.Add shields/powerups
2.When you press any key to restart it should restart the game automatically, not make you have to press '1' again.
3. Suggest you make the difference between score a bit subtler (like 5-15 or something Smile) Also, maybe make the circles worth more the faster everything moves...
Delos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

High score: 437

Very nicely done. Couple of suggestions:

1)
Make a quit option at the main menu!
2)
You've obviously used getch for you keyboard input. I recommend against this, simply because it's crashable. Yes, I know you've error-trapped Ctrl+Z, but that's not the only way to crash OOT Twisted Evil .
3)
Try make all the circles bright colours. It will help distinguish them from the black boxes. Unless that's the effect you wanted....
4)
I've always found that black bgs are easier on the eyes.
5)
Hopefully you've been using types and records to create your objects. Time to improve upon that.
code:

type circle:
  record
     x, y : int
     size : int
     col : int
     speed : int
  end record

Now, you can control each array item more. Plus, having the 'size' determinate allows you to statify scores. The smaller the object, the more points you get...
i.e.
code:

score += 10 + (maxSize - circleObj.size)
% So, if maxSize is 10, then the smallest circles will give you the least subtraction from the score, and the most points.

+bits
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: