Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Attention all networking Guru's
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Naveg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:07 am   Post subject: Attention all networking Guru's

I have a huge wireless networking problem that is quite bizarre. I have a linksys router WRT54G, one computer directly plugged into it and two connecting wirelessly. Now here is a list of what i can and cannot do. This all started yesterday quite suddenly.

- Very intermittent internet connectivity on the wireless computers, none on the wired one.
- The wireless computers can ping each other but not the router or the wired computer.
- The router's configuration utility cannot be accessed from any computer.
- I can however, browse the networked files.
- The wireless computers say they are connected, but again, cannot ping the router.

I can't figure this out. Can anybody help??
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Reset the router. The router's IP should now be set to 192.168.1.1

Enable WEP. Try changing the frequency that the router is using, as there could be interference from neighbors. Change your SSID and password on the router to get rid of those annoying wardrivers.
Naveg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i had WEP enabled already. I was hoping there was a workaround other than resetting the router, because i dont remember all the ports i have to forward. oh well. Anyone else? I guess i'll reset later today
md

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

WEll... crushing it under a car might work... but reseting it will probably do the trick Wink
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: