Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Space Combat - Updated Again
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Bored

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:28 pm   Post subject: Space Combat - Updated Again

Here are two games i made, one is a two player destroy the other base game while the other a 1 player 1 on 1 with an ai. the controls are,
P1:Movement - Arrow Keys
Sharp Trun - CTRL
Shoot - Shift
Change Weapons - Enter
P2:Movement - W,S,A,D
Sharp Trun - E
Shoot - Tab
Change Weapons - Q

There still are some problems such as the fact that the ai can't change weapons, The base combat runs slower than i wanted, and the ai sometimes get's stuck.

Space Combat - AI.t
 Description:
1 Player - 1 on 1 Combat

Download
 Filename:  Space Combat - AI.t
 Filesize:  15.25 KB
 Downloaded:  617 Time(s)

Space Combat.t
 Description:
2 Player - Base Combat

Download
 Filename:  Space Combat.t
 Filesize:  12.46 KB
 Downloaded:  465 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Pretty interesting. But your 2 player thing does end when the Green (and possibly purple) base reaches 0 health.

+ bits
Bored

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Delos wrote:
Pretty interesting. But your 2 player thing does end when the Green (and possibly purple) base reaches 0 health.

+ bits

i never said it didn't end but thx for the compliment. and ohh ya i meant to post this in submissions (that's where i thought i was) so sorry for any inconvienence
jamonathin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Since you didn't compile your game (it's .t) then it usually ok to post it in source code, because you are giving the source code.
c0bra54

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nice little game!!!

only thing more i could suggest.. other then like little things like get comp to swith... and fix the bug where it gets stuck... make it faster.. like the entire thing.. i tried speading up the whole game by maybe a factor of 2 and it was alot nicer. and more fun just yes.. also increase speed of rotation by 4 not 2.. and don't increse rate of deceleration.. i find this is the best combo...

but yeh, i really enjoyed.. it.. just maybe have it oop, and eep track of who has won ..

here have some bits
+Some Bitz
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Very good AI, its really hard to beat except for the few bugs, which make it really easy to beat...

1. It does get stuck sometimes.

*Spoiler?*
2.If you start shooting at it right from the start without moving then its pretty much dead and then you just charge straight on.

3. Also, having shift for any much used key is not a good idea on windows Neutral.

Multiplayer is good except for the fact that bases are invincible... the health goes below zero...
Bored

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:

Multiplayer is good except for the fact that bases are invincible... the health goes below zero...

Sorry about that. I uploaded from the wrong directory but i just edited the post and now the right one is on there. I'm also working on a larger 2 player version with two screens (1 for each player). The bases have more health but you deteriorate a lot of health from the bases by killing the other player. Right now i just need to code the drawing of the boundaries and it will be ready for release.
Bored

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Here's The two player slitscreen version mentioned in my post above. The higher the game speed the less the game updates the view (that's what makes it run faster). Also the higher the screen size the slowere the game as the more time it takes to draw (specifically the pointers to off screen objects). Remember when choosing the screen size that you have to double the vertical height and add 50 to get the size of the whole screen. Hope you enjoy..

Space Combat-2 screens.t
 Description:
2 Player - Base Combat - Split Screen

Download
 Filename:  Space Combat-2 screens.t
 Filesize:  26.49 KB
 Downloaded:  220 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
c0bra54

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

g/j on new vers.. hope to see more updates as you add more and more features
jamonathin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That's a nice split screen, and it's cool to see the bullet fly into the other screen. But they gameplay isn't al lthat great. It's good that you can move your 'ship' around. But the game's kinda laggy, and it's difficult to control your character. But keep up your work, and work on those things.

Heres some bits for inspiration.
+ 5 Bits.
Bored

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If your experiencing lag or a slow game then try decreasing the screen size. I ususally have mine set to 325 by 375. and set the speed to 2. It runs really well then and it's fun because yo can see vey little so battles are tougher and involve a lot of guessing your opponents moves. Thx for the inspiration, i'll try to get some more on it but i have a C++ project i'm trying to focus and me and the rest of my dev team have a lot of work to do on it and a lot of work to do in school.
dann_west

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Space Combat - Updated

[score in my books! Twisted Evil
Bored

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Here's the .exe for both the single and multiplayer versions. I posted them for my friend who desn't have turing. The multiplayer version has also been updated since the last upload.

Attachment Deleted
jamonathin

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Pretty good. Now that you have your base set up (basically your gameplay), try using images for a different version. Although I do like how it's entirely in Turing, it would adda nice touch to the game.
Bored

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I would but I'm too lazy to search for pics and I'm horrible at making them myself. I do know a couple of pixelers I could ask for them but I can't find there e-mails. Ohh well I'll get around to it eventually
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 25 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: